Doyers Done

Halos

Sorry Dodger fans...it's over. You can put away your bandwagon jersey and hat.

Should've not got caught up in the hype  ;D

I've been surprised by how little bandwagon hype there is for the Dodgers this time.  The World Series in 1988 was a much bigger deal. 

The Angels World Series in 2002 was the definition of bandwagon.  I remember going to regular season games that year where the stands were half empty and the opposing team's fans would drown out the Angel's fans.  Once they started winning in the playoffs, then all of the sudden there were rally monkeys everywhere, and red Angels flags on all the cars, and everybody had an Angels jersey.  I know we live in OC, but I'm surprised how little of that I'm seeing for the Dodgers this year.

I agree. We are 20 year season ticket holders of the Angels and I was there for that awesome year.  I too do not see the same LA fakery Lakers car flag fans that only jump on when the Kings are winning, or the Ducks or the Clippers.  Even with the Rams and Chargers seeing a few wins no one wants to glom on it seems now.  Hard to figure out as LA fans are ususally so fickle and fake...Having said all that, I am no Doyers fan but this has been some of the most enjoyable games to watch.  Maybe its because I don't care who wins and just like good baseball.

My gut is this one is going 7 games. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but this reminds me of the 2010 Lakers/Celtics finals. The teams are so evenly matched and each game is so close, it's pretty much a toss-up for who wins. It'll be overcast and cool at Dodger Stadium tomorrow - I'll take the under.

morekaos said:
I agree. We are 20 year season ticket holders of the Angels and I was there for that awesome year.  I too do not see the same LA fakery Lakers car flag fans that only jump on when the Kings are winning, or the Ducks or the Clippers.  Even with the Rams and Chargers seeing a few wins no one wants to glom on it seems now.  Hard to figure out as LA fans are ususally so fickle and fake...Having said all that, I am no Doyers fan but this has been some of the most enjoyable games to watch.  Maybe its because I don't care who wins and just like good baseball.

Agree, last night game was one of the best match any game for any sport I ever watched. Typical baseball game suppose to be relax and slow space but not last night Both team played well all the way to the end. Of course I am rooting for the home team?LETS GO DODGERS?

Liar Loan said:
I've been surprised by how little bandwagon hype there is for the Dodgers this time.  The World Series in 1988 was a much bigger deal. 

The Angels World Series in 2002 was the definition of bandwagon.  I remember going to regular season games that year where the stands were half empty and the opposing team's fans would drown out the Angel's fans.  Once they started winning in the playoffs, then all of the sudden there were rally monkeys everywhere, and red Angels flags on all the cars, and everybody had an Angels jersey.  I know we live in OC, but I'm surprised how little of that I'm seeing for the Dodgers this year.

It's because everyone is a Lakers fan and only cares about Lonzo.

Maybe if Cody Bellinger's dad, Clay, was more like Lavar, more people would be interested. :)

Liar Loan said:

You can't see the dodgers on tv and it's expensive and time consuming to get to the games in person (traffic, parking fees and hassles, admission, food, souvenirs etc), so harder to be a band wagon dodger fan.

It seems like baseball is on the decline for popularity anyway (I sell memorabilia and baseball stuff used to sell but very little any more). I'm removing a bunch of it from my inventory after the world series it's so blah selling. And you see it here........... lots of laker/clipper talk but nothing for baseball despite the dodgers going to the WS.

I have season tix to the angels and if you are a big angel fan can't really bleed blue but I have watched every world series game this year. I'm for neither team, but I picked Houston to win. I just think they are a better team outside of Kershaw and Jansen. I wasn't surprised to see Kershaw implode but Jansen was a surprise.

My hubby went to a men's bible study on Tuesday and when he left the dodgers were winning. I was alone and what a game! Since I was for neither side, I was yelling OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! when either side gave up hits, the lead etc. When he got home, I said omg! You missed THE most exciting WS games since game 6 (which only angel fans know what I'm talking about I know but oh well).

I didn't think I'd see another exciting WS game like that one for quite a while........ till last night and out came the OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs! all night long.

Probably see two boring games now. I hope it goes to 7. Good luck to both teams. But next year........... lol!

That's a great point about not being able to watch the games on TV.  Also true about the declining popularity.  It's become an old man's sport in a lot of ways.  As a kid, I used to collect baseball cards and watch games all the time.  My dad and I would go to Dodger games a few times a year.  Now, I'm solidly into the Lakers and the NFL, but baseball just doesn't cut it for me.  Almost everybody I know that is still a baseball fan is over the age of 60, and has lots of disposable free time.

i'm a huge dodgers fan, but i'm not 60 yet. i grew up in los angeles and there still are quite a few baseball fans out there.
but younger kids these days don't really watch tv anymore. they only see twitter/instagram feeds and bit and pieces from youtube from their phones. not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely a different world it is.
hope we win tonight and go to game 7!

Nothing better than a game 7.

Roberts has to give Kershaw the ball at some point tonight. Kershaw will most likely choke though, it's who he is.

John said:

Roberts has to give Kershaw the ball at some point tonight. Kershaw will most likely choke though, it's who he is.

Not sure about that. Kershaw has been pretty beast most of the post season.  Just one rough game.. but this series has produced tons of home runs.  I think Kershaw sees 2 or 3 innings.

jmoney74 said:
John said:

Not sure about that. Kershaw has been pretty beast most of the post season.  Just one rough game.. but this series has produced tons of home runs.  I think Kershaw sees 2 or 3 innings.

Most home runs allowed in a single postseason in the history of basball:
1. Kershaw - 8 (2017)

BEAST!

John said:
jmoney74 said:
John said:

1. Kershaw - 8 (2017)

BEAST!

lol well this is one of the highest scoring post seasons I've seen.

John said:
jmoney74 said:
John said:

1. Kershaw - 8 (2017)

BEAST!

Trollin' Kersh. Nice. Giant fan? How's worst place feel?

Back