Iron Ridge - LandSea Homes Lake Forest

sgip

Surprised not to see a thread on this yet.

LandSea Homes is opening their model homes this weekend - if all goes according to plan. LandSea is a China based real estate construction and investment firm. They've built high rise condos and master planned communities from what I can tell during the past 5 years across the country.

Iron Ridge is bordered by the community entrance on Glenn Ranch Road (Portola Hills), El Toro Road to the East, and Portola to the South (Lake Forest) At present, 3 detached home communities and 1 attached townhome community are set to debut.

Stopped by the sales trailer this week. Here's the info so far:

Sage Bluff

Plan 1 - 2,061 SF. Base price (subject to change) $863,414 3Br plus loft, 2.5 Ba

Plan 2 - 2,260, SF. Base price (STC) $902,661 3Br plus den, 2.5 Ba

Plan 3 - 2,429 SF. Base price (STC) $926,598 4Br plus loft, 3.5 Ba

Plan 4 - 2,647 SF. Base price (STC) $987,213 4BR plus loft, 4.0 Ba

Brookhaven

Plan 1 - 2,492 SF. Base Price $999,990 4Br plus loft, 4 Ba

Plan 2 - 2,612 SF, Base Price 1,034,000 5Br plus loft, 4 Ba

Plan 3 - 2,912 SF. Base Price 1,074,000 5 Br plus Bonus, 5 Ba

Windstone

Plan 1 - 3,272 SF, Base Price $1,276,369 (STC) 5 Br plus Teen Room, 5.5 Ba

Plan 2 - 3,580 SF. Base Price $1,332,728 (STC) 5Br plus Bonus Room, 5.5 Ba

Plan 3 - 3,814 SF. Base Price $1,375,798 (STC) 5Br, plus Loft, 5.5 Ba

Copperleaf

Plan 1 - 1,195 to
Plan 6 - 2,346

Copperleaf, the attached product, is many months away. Details later once they get closer to framing.

Now the key stuff:

HOA dues - $179 at construction, projected $229 at build out
Property Tax - estimated at 1.12%

Portola Hills Elementary
Serrano Intermediate
El Toro High School

Sales office is open 10-6 daily
Sales office number (949) 272-9819

Amenities aren't listed because they aren't fully built out yet and subject to change.

The preferred lender at this time is Loan Depot / iMortgage. No idea yet if cooperation with realtors is set at any time.

My .02c

It's so crazy how they're zoning these kids to El Toro when Trabuco is so much closer.

The model are not openned.

They are selling the view lots first for the bigger floorplans (3200 to 3800sqft).

3800sqft with corner view lot is listed for 1.4M.

El Toro High is likely the "go to" site because the school has more classrooms, a larger parking area, and enrollment was declining faster there than other HS's.

The "View" lots are pretty nice, depending on which direction the homes are pointing, a view of Saddleback Mountain and surrounding hillsides looks like it will be available. If the view homes are on the one side of the street, its a "Saddleback Valley all the way to Newport Beach/Airport area" view. That view is problematic because new Lake Forest Sports Park flood lights are so distracting to the night sky (IMHO) that although the daytime views are great, the nighttime lights outweigh the $$$ of buying a home with a view premium.

To each their own...

My .02c

SGIP

The elementary school is Portola Hills, which has always been zoned El Toro as well. Not a fun drive for middle school down to Serrano Int off of Ridge Route and Jeronimo. A middle school would also make sense in the BR area.

Quite funny how the Landsea developer suggests the appeal of the Iron Ridge location is that it is not Irvine, yet the builder identifies that he lives in Orchard Hills.

Kangen.Irvine said:
Quite funny how the Landsea developer suggests the appeal of the Iron Ridge location is that it is not Irvine, yet the builder identifies that he lives in Orchard Hills.

You will need this kind of caliber, from now going forward to be able to buy in the Alta Vista homes. Then again corporate could lease him this mansion and provide other perks.

They've been open for a couple of weeks. The odd thing here is that KB Homes bit off about 60 lots (possibly more) built their homes and opened their models in nothing flat! It's taken LandSea quite some time to get their units on line. Granted, LandSea has done the big work of infrastructure, but it was really surprising to see a KB labeled product selling at Iron Ridge.

My .02c.

SGIP

Updated the pricing on Brookhaven in the original post.

Finally toured what models were open. More oddities in each floor plan than expected. Whoever did the decorating at Sage Bluff should be drawn and quartered. One of the plans has a giant chandelier hanging less than 4 feet above the master bed! I didn't realize that Sage Bluff at $900k was going to be a shared driveway community given Lake Forest land costs. Some nice touches in some of the other homes. First time for example for me to see a Master Bedroom Walk In Closet have a direct access doorway to a nearby laundry room. Smart!

The community access pathway is still very rough. LandSea has an ocean of work ahead of them to make the property presentable. During my tour an entire set of models was closed due to an electrical outage. Not encouraging.

Per the sales staff at one of the models, the construction across the street will be a continuation of the Baldwin project "The Oaks". What was also surprising is that The Oaks will have access to Iron Ridge's amenities - pool, parks, etc. Not sure then what the value is of Iron Ridge being a gated community if everyone can come through at will.

Deliveries for new homes at Iron Ridge are coming up soon, with additional production being delivered in September/October.

My .02c

SGIP

Two weeks ago I went to check out the opening and progress at this community. Although no power outage, thanks goodness, I was taken aback by the pricing. It almost like I toured Irvine price. 1 good thing, the mello-roose is almost nothing. A few hundred bucks a year. A year that's right, I did not miss spelled.

Amenities and your assessments for Iron Ridge above is inline with what I was thinking too. Its remote and its cost almost the same as Irvine hoods. Might be a tough sell.

I went by as well, liked the layouts of the largest homes and prices were around $1.3M for 3,2xx sq ft but that was including view premium.  Granted the view has ugly power lines in the way, we're not talking OH Reserve here or anything.  Even so I also felt they were overpriced, the area feels like it was carved out of a mountain or something, feels a bit dense once inside.  I'd much rather live in Baker Ranch.

orange911 said:
Has anyone checked out sage bluff?  Website says 4 bed 2000-2600 sq ft starts at mid 800s. 

I drove by these a few weeks back, the setup is pretty good for motorcourt.  They?re in packs of 4 but the 2 on the street have a driveway so only the setback 2 share the driveway.  It?s pretty clever and good use of space.

You can kind of see what I mean here:https://liveironridge.com/sagebluff/availability/

I saw these a few weeks ago. I didn't like the fact that these are next to a lot of power lines and really close to SCE's Viejo Substation. Even if you don't think Electromagnetic Fields are really a health concern, others do and may affect the sale of your home.

Back