Olive Garden Eight Week Pasta Pass on sale today

Why is this for me? :(

Although I do go to Olive Garden frequently, I can't really eat that much pasta.

The soups are good though.

irvinehomeowner said:
Why is this for me? :(

Although I do go to Olive Garden frequently, I can't really eat that much pasta.

The soups are good though.

Aren't you the Buffet King?

momopi said:
Sadly, being pre-diabetic, I can only gaze upon this offer in envy.

Oh, no! I expected a post like this from Iho but not from you. I hope you will be okay, Momo. Maybe it can be reversed?

SoCal said:
momopi said:

Oh, no! I expected a post like this from Iho but not from you. I hope you will be okay, Momo. Maybe it can be reversed?

Of course type 2 diabetes can be reversed...it's just a insulin resistance caused by eating too many carbs.  Nothing that a low-carb diet with IF wouldn't fix within 3-6 months.  Many of my Indian and Asian clients tell me that their parents are type 2 diabetic and it's mainly due to eat a lot of carbs via rice and bread. 

SoCal said:
momopi said:

I have been put on mandatory diet plan, exercise plan, low-carb plan, and target weight loss 10 lbs in 2 months before I go back for another test.

No pastries, doughnuts, bagels, chocolate chip cookies, freshly baked bread pudding, ice cream, costco pizza, ramen, jajangmyeon...

momopi said:
I have been put on mandatory diet plan, exercise plan, low-carb plan, and target weight loss 10 lbs in 2 months before I go back for another test.

No pastries, doughnuts, bagels, chocolate chip cookies, freshly baked bread pudding, ice cream, costco pizza, ramen, jajangmyeon...

Oh, dear. I really hope you steer clear of this, Momo. Diabetes is an ugly condition. Trust me, you don't want to live like that. No amount of jajawhatchyamacallit is worth it.

I help take care of a lady at my church who has it so bad, it has really messed up her life.

She is in renal failure because of diabetes. She has to go to dialysis a few times a week since a kidney transplant is out of the question. The waiting list is sooooo long and she's not a prime candidate.

She has to do insulin injections every time she eats. But she can't see the damned thing because the diabetes has affected her eyesight, making her legally blind. So, she guesses on the amount.

Since she's blind, she also can't drive herself to dialysis and is completely dependent upon others. I had to take care of her for 3 days when we were travel companions and roommates at a retreat last spring. It was stressful & exhausting after just one day. I don't know how she lives like this. Well, tbh - she doesn't...

She often administers the wrong dosage of insulin and at the wrong time, or not at all. She binges on sweets and gives herself an extra large dose of insulin to "make up" for it.

Since she can't see the markers on her syringe, she often guesses how much she's drawn up or asks others (me and perfect strangers) to do it. (I wouldn't want a complete stranger or someone not in the medical field managing my healthcare, but hey, that's me.)

She can hardly get around and needs golf cart or car transportation everywhere.

I slept next to her. She woke up in tears in the middle of the night due to leg cramps and aching - diabetic neuropathy. This was every night.

When she travels, she always has to have cold storage for her supplies. If cold storage is not available, that's a problem. I had to go hunt down a mini fridge & have it delivered to our room.

When her blood sugar gets low, she needs instant protein but she's not always prepared for that. Then she has to make someone else -- friend or stranger -- go find her some right away. She asked an elderly woman to walk about a quarter mile to a grocery store in 100 degree heat in an unfamiliar area to go get her some protein while I was in a different part of campus trying to find her some protein at a cafe but I wasn't fast enough for her.

I've seen all of these things and more. It surprised me every time how much it takes out of a person's life. Her doctor says she's on borrowed time.

Btw, I'm no better than you. I'm eating a Ding Dong as I type.  :p

SoCal, type 2 diabetes is a all about nutrition.  You just have to cut out of the sugar and carbs.  There are a few doctors on YouTube that got their patients off insulin and other diabetes drug by going to a low carb diet, as well as IF to amply the effects.  If she doesn't do something about what she eats, she will continue taking more and more insulin until she gets kidney failure, having her arms and feet amputated off, and/or have a heart attack or stroke.  I'm hoping my dad can get off his pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, and other meds by early next year. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
have a heart attack or stroke.

Yes, the craziest part was when I was driving her home. I confessed to her that I had been concerned each day of our retreat could have been her last. She said, "I didn't want to tell you, but, I've already died three times." I'm like.... "Excuse me??!" She said her heart has stopped 3 times. Each time, they revived her. She goes, "I could die at any moment." She said this while sitting in the backseat of my car as I was cruising along the 91. We had never even met before the day I picked her up and became an unforeseen caregiver, so this was all news to me.

My brother is fat.  I told him he should lose weight as he has a family and will end up dead sooner than later.  I do not want to take care of his kids.  He said he has pretty good life insurance.  I told him he's a selfish dick because most likely he won't die.  He'll get a stroke and be a veg for 10 years while expecting people to wipe his ass.  He thinks if he becomes a burden he can op to die.  He should stop justifying his fatness.

Why not just exercise and eat right? 

I met a guy while mountain biking.  He's 55.  He said he use to take a lot of medication every week for different health problems.  After he started exercising he didn't have to use the meds no more. 

My co-worker just had surgery.  She's on a jello diet so she lost 15 LBS.  She looks a lot younger. still fat tho....

SoCal said:
Oh, dear. I really hope you steer clear of this, Momo. Diabetes is an ugly condition. Trust me, you don't want to live like that. No amount of jajawhatchyamacallit is worth it.

For the first time in years, I have started shopping at Mother's Market again.  >_>  I look forward to snacking on...  kale chips.

Was shocked to see so many items with higher than Whole Foods pricing.  $8 for dozen eggs.  $_$

momopi said:
SoCal said:

For the first time in years, I have started shopping at Mother's Market again.  >_>  I look forward to snacking on...  kale chips.

Was shocked to see so many items with higher than Whole Foods pricing.  $8 for dozen eggs.  $_$

Supposingly prices will drop at Whole Foods since they were acquired by Amazon. I thought the price for a dozen of eggs dropped.

Maybe you should start juicing.

eyephone said:
momopi said:
SoCal said:

Supposingly prices will drop at Whole Foods since they were acquired by Amazon. I thought the price for a dozen of eggs dropped.

Maybe you should start juicing.

Oh, I was shopping at Mother's Market in Irvine (on Michelson) and Santa Ana (across from mall), not Whole Foods.  They carry stuff like lentil & quinoa pasta and berberine supplements.

So I'll post this before someone posts another "This one is for IHO":
https://www.pastapass.com/

The lottery starts Aug 23 and this year they have an annual pass.

Reading the site, they have 23,000 8-week passes for $100 and 1000 annual passes for $300. That's a total of of $2.6m in pre-funding. Is this some type of Tesla Model 3 arrangement?

No trip to Italy this year... still wondering how they did that last year.

Doing the math, $100 for 8 weeks is about break even even if you just go 1 time a week... maybe I should try it. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
So I'll post this before someone posts another "This one is for IHO":
https://www.pastapass.com/

The lottery starts Aug 23 and this year they have an annual pass.

Reading the site, they have 23,000 8-week passes for $100 and 1000 annual passes for $300. That's a total of of $2.6m in pre-funding. Is this some type of Tesla Model 3 arrangement?

No trip to Italy this year... still wondering how they did that last year.

Doing the math, $100 for 8 weeks is about break even even if you just go 1 time a week... maybe I should try it. :)
Damn, you beat me to it. If you didn't have diabetes before, you'll have it at and the end of your 1 yr pass.

Back