Father and Two sons panhandling at Heritage Plaza

Burn That Belly said:
Rolling out of this place for lunch at the corner of Kang Hodong Baekjeong, I see a father and his two pre-teen sons begging for money in broad day light.
They are definitely not gypsies. The father obviously saw my camera and raised his sign to cover his face.

7jF8zrG.jpg

Did you help him out?

Saw them a few times in the past few weeks passing through that interaction.

Sad for the kids who are wasting their lives doing nothing with blank brains all day long. For that age, they should in schools.

Shame on the father who puts the kids in that situation. What a ...!

LivingInIrvine said:
Saw them a few times in the past few weeks passing through that interaction.

Sad for the kids who are wasting their lives doing nothing with blank brains all day long. For that age, they should in schools.

Shame on the father who puts the kids in that situation. What a ...!

Just what I was thinking. My heart breaks for those two boys who are obviously still young...
That "dad" looks like he is more than capable of working - he should talk to some of the hardworking laborers at OH working out in the hot sun with no complaints and not being a burden on society.

Cops won't do anything about this since it's not against the law to beg.  Making Irvine more "ghetto"

I've spotted them before too so I guess they've been there for a long time.

It was during a weekend, sad to hear the dad is bringing along the kids during school hours :\

I've also seen people giving money to them... so the dude will probably be there for the foreseeable future until someone does something about it.

Instead of taking pictures of this family at a time of need and posting it on a public forum for all to see, why don't you offer the guy a job or a few bucks. Everyone is down on their luck some time in life and needs some help. Not everyone is blessed to be born rich and live off mom and dads millions.

Who knows what the backstory is. He could be disabled or has gone through BK because of medical bills. No reason to make fun of him and his young family.

This seriously offends me. Something like this should not be here. Especially when young kids are involved.

rickr said:
Instead of taking pictures of this family at a time of need and posting it on a public forum for all to see, why don't you offer the guy a job or a few bucks. Everyone is down on their luck some time in life and needs some help. Not everyone is blessed to be born rich and live off mom and dads millions.

Who knows what the backstory is. He could be disabled or has gone through BK because of medical bills. No reason to make fun of him and his young family.

This seriously offends me. Something like this should not be here. Especially when young kids are involved.

I previously asked the OP, did he help him out. He replied, ?Yeah, I threw a stack at him. That's why he had to block the impact with the sign.?

So this is a good topic and post.  Offensive is good.  Brings people to discuss a problem instead of ignoring it.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not see people asking for money with their children when i'm about to gorge on Korean BBQ or buy Japanese groceries.
The more money you give them the more they will stick around.

Perhaps the best thing to do is ignore it?  They aren't aggressive are they?

Taking their picture and posting it on TI is fine with me because this place is about what's going on in Irvine.  No filter.

Back