Dog thread

sunshine

Does anybody own or know somebody who owns a labradoodle? I'm planning to get a dog soon and I'm leaning toward a labradoodle. I've heard really great things from a few different people. The demeanor of a lab with the allergy benefits of a poodle is very appealing to me. Thoughts?

It's probably worth looking at the Wikipedia entry : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labradoodle

Of particular note is the following quote:

The Labradoodle as a dog breed is still developing, and does not yet "breed true," i.e., puppies do not have consistently predictable characteristics. While many Labradoodles display desired traits, their appearance and behavioral characteristics remain, from an overall breed standpoint, unpredictable.

I've read the Wikipedia article. I will adopt and it won't be a puppy. I'm hoping to find a labradoodle-like dog with a pleasant demeanor. I've been browsing the adoption websites and I've seen labradoodles (and other poodle mixes that look similar to labradoodles).

Maybe you could take our dog for a week or 52 weeks, to see if you'll enjoy the experience?

When I was younger my parents had a labrador, poodle and golden retriever mix. Very friendly lovable dog. I would recommend one.

Back