Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 13057 times)

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 382
  • -Received: 572
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
I thought all you health conscious eaters would find this video funny:

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 257
  • -Received: 365
    • www.realwealthmanagement.com
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Trojan,

Losing weight is similar to Personal Finance. Eating is like spending money and working out is like earning money. If you spend 3000 calories a day and continue to earn 800 calories a day, overtime you are going to go broke. If you continue to spend 800 calories and earn 3000 calories every day, eventually you will start to feel rich physically.

It is a compound effect that needs intense focus like anything. It took me 15 months to naturally burn and lose 40 lbs going from a waist size of 35 down to 30 comfortably. It feels good donating all my clothes to salvation Army knowing I will never get back to that weight again for the rest of my life.

Find your body frame and healthy weight range for your height. Write that number down on your journal and work at it like setting any goal for your business, investments, and financial area. Look at the number everyday while you are tread mill or taking a jog in the morning. Starving your yourself is not the way to get there as you eventually gain the weight back and it is unhealthy. You will also have to find an exercise activity that you enjoyed as a teenager. For me, it is playing tennis and swimming. When I play tennis, I melt away the fat while at the same time having fun. Playing tennis also allows me be mentally focused and reduces my stress level which is needed in the full time profession you and I are in.

Couple of the diet changes I made were the following... I don't eat as much white rice like I used to. I started to incorporate more oatmeal and fish to my diet rather than red meat and junk food. Veggies, fruits. and Frozen blueberries started to become my favorite snacks. and yes, drink a lot of water / tea and reduce the intake of sugar drinks like coke, Gatorade, etc. Just like you can make decisions to feed yourself either junk vs health food, we should also be conscious of what we feed our minds. Thoughts of fear, worry, doubt, and anger are destructive thoughts, we should continue to feed our minds with positive thoughts of hope, peace, joy, and happiness.

Trojan.. If I can do it.. you certainly can do it too with 15 months of intense focus on your health.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:08:26 PM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Real Estate Broker and Loan Officer
CalBRE# 01894781, NMLS License # 1572291
Direct: (678) 865-6250
Email: jpark@johnscreekrealtypartners.com

http://www.biggerpockets.com/users/Panda
http://www.johnscreekrealtypartners.com

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 94
  • -Received: 326
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
Working out is a side hustle trying to patch up dollars driving for uber.

Eating and general activity level is the whole ____ing game.

Most people's work outs don't burn off the calories in a vending machine cookie, let alone the excess calories in a dinner out.

I don't consider a pickup basketball game working out, going for a bike or surfing either, that's general activity level.  Much as if your job is sitting in front of a computer all day or doing landscape work, it's your general daily calorie burn.

I know many of you younger people don't want to believe me on it.  But if you're 'working out' and 'exercising' to stay in front of the fork, you're going to lose the fight.  You don't believe me, that's okay.  Believe your own eyes, go look up your ten favorite pro-athletes ten years after retirement.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:18:15 PM by nosuchreality »

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »
Calories in vs. Calories out.

If you want to lose weight, eat under the calories using your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).  If you want to gain weight do the opposite.

Just remember, you'll never out-exercise your diet. 
#FARM

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2000
  • -Received: 1554
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
Calories in vs. Calories out.

If you want to lose weight, eat under the calories using your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).  If you want to gain weight do the opposite.

Just remember, you'll never out-exercise your diet. 

Sorry Homer, that's what a lot of people think but doctors do not agree that it's about "calories in vs calories out" as different calories are metabolized different (guess I've been watching too many youtube videos).  For example, calories from sugar/starches, fructose, fiber, protein, and fats are metabolized differently by your body and cause different increases to your insulin levels.  Insulin is the primary hormone that increases fat storage so the less insulin your body produces the less energy/fat storage your body will you.  Eats less carbs and IF reduces your insulin levels which increases your body's use of fat as an energy source via ketones instead of glucose.  Reducing calories will result in your body's metabolism rate decreasing as your body adjusts to less calories.  That being said, if you eat like a pig even with low carbs you'll gain weight.  I've pasted a few videos on the subject of calories in vs calories out.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:04:09 PM by USCTrojanCPA »
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 459
  • -Received: 345
  • HOA This!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
But isn't Homet a vet?

Offline RangeRover

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 19
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »
How about having more liquid than solid food? Is it horrible to say that my weekend diet is 70% vino and 30% food.    :-[.
#bigonwine

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2000
  • -Received: 1554
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
How about having more liquid than solid food? Is it horrible to say that my weekend diet is 70% vino and 30% food.    :-[.

They say that when you are IF'ing, your hungry can be satisfied by drinking water.  What kind of liquid food are you having?  Kale shakes? 
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 162
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 08:53:56 PM »
I've done the master cleanser (all liquid diet) for about 3 days straight. Supposed to go a week. People have gone way longer.
After the detox, every food feels too rich.  Can't imagine going straight to kbbq, probably shock the system too much, lol.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:10:42 PM by AW »

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 04:34:30 AM »
I've done the master cleanser (all liquid diet) for about 3 days straight. Supposed to go a week. People have gone way longer.
After the detox, every food feels too rich.  Can't imagine going straight to kbbq, probably shock the system too much, lol.

speaking of kbbq.  wanna go next week?  ;D
#FARM

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 162
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 07:45:27 AM »

speaking of kbbq.  wanna go next week?  ;D
Mmmm. Yum. I'll detox after kbbq, yay

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 459
  • -Received: 345
  • HOA This!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 08:52:45 AM »
only one way to lose weight.. don't eat.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2010
  • -Received: 3474
  • 3CWG
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
Or amputate. :|
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
www.loansbyjw.com

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1801
  • -Received: 1474
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »
They say that when you are IF'ing, your hungry can be satisfied by drinking water. 

Maybe you could be a "Breatharian" like these people.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/15/breatharian-couple-survives-on-the-universes-energy-instead-of-food/

They have barely eaten in years. Their diet got more and more extreme like yours, until they're at the point where they try living off the "energy of the universe" with only a little added veggie broth or one bite of fruit once in a while to keeping them going. "Cosmic nourishment", they call it. They must think they're plants. Only problem is humans can not photosynthesize food.

Offline RangeRover

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 19
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 11:28:49 AM »

They say that when you are IF'ing, your hungry can be satisfied by drinking water.  What kind of liquid food are you having?  Kale shakes?

On a regular basis (Mon-Thurs), I'll drink chrysanthemum tea, lots of water, coconut water, 2 cups of coffee throughout the morning and have a small solid breakfast (i.e. flax/chia seed bread with butter or jam). I do lose a quite of bit of liquid in the morning after taking a hot yoga class. Then, water throughout the day so that I feel more full and I can control my meal portion. I don't really drink kale or any of those green mixed drinks. I prefer to eat them. I think it's good to do juice cleanse once in awhile, but only if you feel you have to detox.
#bigonwine

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts