BEST "SLEEP-AWAY" CAMPS FOR KIDS IN SOCAL.

I had a client that relocate to OC, purchase a house through me and ask me for a list of the best Summer Camps for kids.  They weren't looking for the day camps but the "going away for camp" experiences since both of the parents work technology jobs and don't have the luxury of taking time off. 

I cam across information from MomsLA and thought i'd share it with you fine people. 

Catalina Island Camps
(Mailing address) 707 W Woodbury Road Unit F
Altadena, CA 91001
Phone: (626) 296-4040
More Info
Located on Catalina Island, this camp is a traditional coed sleepaway camp for campers entering 2nd grade through 10th grade. Campers attend camp for 1 week, 2 week or 4 week long sessions. Activities include snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, tubing, high ropes course, archery & riflery, gardening & composting, outdoor cooking, and much more.
Pali Adventures
30778 CA-18
Running Springs, CA 92382
More Info
Pali is a fun one-of-a-kind summer camp experience, where campers design their own unique adventure. 21 morning specialty camps offer the chance to learn something new and amazing  from Hollywood Stunts to Flying Trapeze, Pali Adventures promises that your child will have the best summer camp experience ever.
Amplify Sleep Away Camp For Girls
Ojai Valley School
10820 Reeves Road
Ojai, CA 93023
More Info
Amplify Sleep Away Rock Camp is a one-week overnight program offered to girls ages 11-17 years old and is held at Ojai Valley Boarding High School in Ojai. At Camp Amplify, girls of all skill levels have the opportunity to learn guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keys or other instruments. Girls will also form a band, write an original song, and perform at the Final Showcase for their family and friends.
ID Tech Camp
Multiple Locations throughout the LA area
More Info
Kids will have the opportunity to develop real-world tech skills and experience firsthand how interests can turn into a college degree and future career. Led by hip, tech-savvy instructors, ages 7-17 code apps, design video games, mod with Minecraft, engineer robots, build websites, produce films, and more. iD Tech also offers iD Programming Academy (for teens, held at UCLA), iD Game Design & Development Academy (for teens), Alexa Caf? (all-girls STEM program, held at Marymount High), and iD Tech Mini (half/full day for ages 6-9, held at Caltech).
New York Film Academy
3300 Riverside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505
More Info
The 2016 summer marks the 19th season the New York Film Academy will bring it?s high school summer film and acting camps to teens ages 13-17 years old. In the high school workshops, each student writes, directs, shoots, and edits, or acts in his or her own short films. Students reside at the Oakwood Corporate Housing complex. Oakwood offers two pools, tennis courts, basketball, and volleyball among its amenities. The entire property is gated and there is a 24-hour guard at the entrance to the property. A day camp for tweens (ages 10-13) is also offered.
Endless Summer Surf Camp
Old Hwy 101
San Clemente, CA 92672
Phone: (949) 498-7862
More Info
The Endless Summer Surf Camp has a beautiful campsite overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the San Onofre State Park campground, which is just south of the city of San Clemente. All 5-day surf camp packages start Monday morning at 8am and finish Friday at 4pm. The overnight camp includes accommodations, all meals, drinks and snacks, 24 hour supervision, and all your surfing equipment as well as surf instruction.
AstroCam ? The Space and Summer Adventures
26800 Saunders Meadow Road
Idyllwild , CA 92549
More Info
AstroCamp is a mountain adventure, physical science, and traditional camp program located in Idyllwild, California. Boys and girls ages 8-17 make memories and have fun while participating in a variety of activities like space exploration, rock climbing, mountain biking, rocketry, astronomy, craftsmanship, and summer camp fun.
Sierra Sleep-Away Camp
Phone: (310) 541-3664
More Info
At the 47th annual Sierra sleep-away camp located at Bass Lake, campers ages 7-17 will have the experience of a lifetime while enjoying a true camping experience with tent living while still utilizing some modern day conveniences. Fun and adventure are woven into each day along with the opportunity to develop new skills or improve old ones.
Griffith Park Boys Camp
4730 Crystal Springs Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Phone: (323) 664-0571
More Info
Griffith Park Boys Camp is a picturesque 10 acre facility resting in the historic Griffith Park hills and has more than 87 years of history helping give boys, through the transformative experiences of nature, a foundation for future greatness. While Griffith Park Boys? Camp, affectionately called Boys Camp, primarily focuses on giving young men ages 7-14 a great summer experience including a 30 ft. rock climbing wall, high ropes challenge course, archery range, miles of hiking trails and so much more.
Crazzy?s WaseWagan Camp
42121 Seven Oaks Road
Angelus Oaks, CA 92305
Phone: (805) 498-5572
More Info
Nestled in the beautiful majestic mountains near Big Bear, Camp Wasewagan is surrounded by towering pine and cedar trees which is perfect for the ideal outdoorsy camp experience. At WaseWagan camp Kids 5-16 will have an unforgettable experience participating in activities such as hiking, kayaking, rifelry, swim meats, campfires and so much more.

I can vouch for AstroCamp in Idyllwild... not as a parent, but as a student that got to stay there when I was 14.  My entire 8th grade class went and it was probably the best thing about that year for me.  The things I remember the most besides the snowball fights were the competition to build a space lander out of sticks, paper, and tape that would protect an egg from cracking from a second story drop, and the nighttime hikes through the forest to check out constellations.  I think they also had a planetarium / movie theater kind of building where we would learn about the solar system.

I checked the IDTech camps at UCI, they are between $1000 and $1250, I assume per week, and many of them sold out. People have money to blow in Irvine! Kids better come out of there with at least a bachelor's in computer science!

RandomG said:
I checked the IDTech camps at UCI, they are between $1000 and $1250, I assume per week, and many of them sold out.

That's for day camp. You have to add another $600 to make it an overnight camp.

Back