"Meet The Natives" - Filmed in O.C.

socal78

I can't wait to see this show. They took tribesman from an isolated island in the south Pacific and flew them to the U.S. to experience modern life. An article in the OCR explains how they stayed with a family in Orange Park Acres. Filming for the show, they visited Knott's Berry Farm, Glen Ivy Hot Springs for facials and manicures, went golfing, and had a personal trainer.

kuicof-b78582930z.120091211134854000gqdlbs05.1.jpg

kuicof-b78582930z.120091211134854000gqdlbr69.1.jpg

I watched it. Man, OC must have cornered the market on self centered Realtards. The locals were very much like TRHWOC crew. The wrap up "good by" from the central Mommy character was reminiscent of the South Carolina Miss Teen USA speech. Horrible.

Two stand out moments: While at Glen Ivy the "Technician" (AKA Mud application person) asks "Do you want to look 10 years younger?" The response: No, I want to live a longer life. Great response.

Second stand out: After the Botox Party one of the tribesman who is evidently their medicine man says that "your blood knows when the sun is setting (I'm paraphrasing a bit..)" and "you cannot make 3PM into 9:00 AM. Another great call on their part.

When I told my daughter that the tribesmen would be returned to their life in the bush, she was sad. I am also in a way. These people are being used, not raised up.

Back