Basketball Shoes

eyephone

"On Thursday afternoon, Big Baller Brand, the Ball family?s apparel company, unveiled Lonzo?s first signature shoe, the ZO2, which comes in at the low price of just $495:

That isn?t the only reveal for Big Baller Brand on Thursday, as the company is also selling an autographed version of the shoe for $995 as well as ZO2 sandals for $220. All three are available for preorder through the Big Baller Brand site, but, if you read the fine print, that pre-order is ?available only for a limited time? with ?No Refunds or Exchanges. Shipping by November 24, 2017.?"

Source:http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....brand-unveils-lonzo-balls-signature-495-shoe/

Laugh all you want, but those "hype beasts" have gobbled it up
4000 preorders and counting.  $2 million in sales confirmed already  :eek:

Lots of idiots out there for sure, like those who line up for kanye west clothes

SoclosetoIrvine said:

Lots of idiots out there for sure, like those who line up for kanye west clothes

Really?

SoclosetoIrvine said:

I doubt this info is true.

jmoney74 said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-less-300-big-baller-150608299.html

Well, there goes your credibility.

I'm actually quite glad it was later verified at a lower amount and that people have some decent sense  ;D

That 2 million figure was everywhere on espn with Marcellus Wiley etc. whose source was probably lavar ball himself lol so my credibility has no affect.  On a unrelated note, if Lavar wanted to keep inventory amounts and preorders hidden, he should've used a much different ordering system which randomized order numbers instead of straight numerical from a 4000 starting number. 

It wasn't 2 million but 150k in revenue in a day isn't too terrible from not playing a game of NBA.  I'm interested to see if somehow this generates 1 million in revenue in the long run, will more athletes (non signature shoe deals) try a version of this?  Not the Lebron/kobe/KD type but maybe the 2nd tier (Gordon Hayward/Jeremy lin/joe Johnson/beal/McCollum/Isaiah Thomas... say it costs $10 to make a pair and x amount for marketing/production and you sell it for $100 or so (not the lavar ball $500 price tag) would it work?

It's my opinion.. but the shoe is not good looking. 

jmoney74 said:
It's my opinion.. but the shoe is not good looking.
As a biased alum: love the kid, hate the shoe (ugly at any price-point), hate the dad...not necessarily in that order ;)

Just wanted to add some numbers as a vs stand point later on

Read that the Ben simmons Nike deal is 5 year 20 million.  Now Ben simmons was by far more hyped and a better prospect, add in that he signed with Klutch sports (with Lebron at the helm) so they had to give him a good deal...I have no way to know for sure but I'd put hypothetically Lonzo's nike deal at 5 year 12 million? We can stretch to 15 million if you love the kid

So between 2.4- $3 million annually

Lebron shoes sell $300 million annually
KD shoes around $195 million annually
Curry UA around $200 million annually

So Lonzo needs to kill it on the floor.  All rookie team/ highlight passes on espn/all star game/all NBA etc and he could have a chance to earn more than the $3 million a year in shoe sales potentially.  Or he could be a bench warmer and a bust and lose out on millions of earning too.  So it's like a bet on yourself by starting your own company

A LeBron might've made more money going solo vs nike.  "ESPN's Darren Rovell pointed out the impact James has had on the business. He explained how Nike's revenue leading up to signing James topped out at $10.3 billion. As recently as 2015, that total had skyrocketed to $30.6 billion."  Lebron out of hs signed the 7 year 90 million contract and later on Nike gave him a lifetime deal assumed at 1 billion based on maverick carter.  But his revenue total earned for Nike is at over $30 billion already.  Interesting to think about... but yeah hate the dad but I'll give him credit as perhaps a "marketing genius"  I'd say almost everyone knows who Lonzo ball is now, even those who aren't into sports much...

"During his workout for the Los Angeles Lakers, projected No. 2 overall pick Lonzo Ball surprisingly did not wear his signature ZO2 shoes.

On the page to preorder the expensive sneakers, shipping is promised by November 24, 2017. While the date is still five and a half months away, Ball wore the shoes to announce the product for SLAM Magazine.

While Big Baller Brand may still make modifications to the ZO2, it was unexpected to see Ball wear the Hardens instead of his own. This will make folks wonder if the shoes are not yet in production and ready for action."
http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/07/lonzo-ball-lakers-workout-zo2s-big-baller-brand/

So Lonzo wore the $140 Adidas Harden Vol. 1 ?Disruptor? shoes instead. (Makes you wonder)

Man, where do they make those shoes? Beverly Hills?

You know Lavar is having them done via AliBaba or whatever so they only cost $1 each... he's going to be rolling in the green.

LaVar Ball pulling son LaMelo out of SoCal high school

LaVar Ball is pulling his 16-year-old son LaMelo out of his Southern California high school to be home schooled and so he can be made into "the best basketball player ever."

LaVar told The Los Angeles Times that LaMelo, a junior, will leave Chino Hills High School on Tuesday so he will have fewer distractions and better focus.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lavar-ball-pulling-son-lamelo-socal-high-school-50245903

Back