DirecTV vs Dish

irvinehomeowner

I know there are threads in the Owner's Issue subforum about this but I specifically want to know about these 2 satellite companies.

After signing up for DirecTV Now (see other thread) I decided to check on what Cox is charging me for cable TV only... almost $200!!

What?!? Before when I did this comparison, it was about $200 total with Internet and Phone but now TV is the most expensive component of our package.. and it sucks. The DVR doesn't work right on any other TV than the main TV and even on the main TV it has issues.

So, we've finally decided to go satellite and I wanted some input from people I "know" on which one is better.

I think the technology and storage capacity (2GB vs 1GB) of Dish is better than DirecTV and there are Dish apps on my old PS3 so we can use Dish on TVs not hooked up to a coax outlet.

But DirecTV has a great discount on a package if your are an AT&T Unlimited Plus customer... 4 TVs for $25/mo ($50/mo without the discount). I think the cheapest equivalent plan on Dish is $70/mo for 4 TVs with DVR.

I think most of you use/prefer DirecTV but other than price and NFL (which I don't really watch), are there any advantages?

Back