Author Topic: Orange County Great Park: Sports park, water park, ice rink, golf course  (Read 62685 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2076
  • -Received: 3523
  • 3CWG
Well, their newer neighborhoods look like Legos, why not their retail? :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 117
  • -Received: 128
I'm all for containers, tents, legos or whatever it takes for them to open up some shops. PS and GP desperately need some retails. Though I don't live in either villages, I can see much benefit of visiting. Also could it be that because the permits are not allowed yet for whatever political reason, is that why they are starting with those pop-up shops for now? What happened to those homeless shelters and the Veteran's cemetery which might not ever happen anyways? Why so much political intervenes with these? Anyways, I hope there came some good shop in those pop-up stores.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2076
  • -Received: 3523
  • 3CWG

Is the containers considered retail?  ;)

Regarding traffic Belly and I previously mentioned this potential traffic problem.

Containers are a great idea.  If and when they flop, they can be repurposed elsewhere in the GP :)

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/01/freight-containers-to-be-re-purposed-for-homeless-shelter-in-buena-park-part-of-new-construction-trend/

You can also use them to quarantine the GP population in case of a virus outbreak.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 164
I'm all for containers, tents, legos or whatever it takes for them to open up some shops. PS and GP desperately need some retails. Though I don't live in either villages, I can see much benefit of visiting. Also could it be that because the permits are not allowed yet for whatever political reason, is that why they are starting with those pop-up shops for now? What happened to those homeless shelters and the Veteran's cemetery which might not ever happen anyways? Why so much political intervenes with these? Anyways, I hope there came some good shop in those pop-up stores.
no kidding, all we ever see is instead of retail, new homes pop up (novel park), and first glimpse of retail, we see pop up kiosks and hot dog stands, and now shipping containers.  can they combine multiple containers so you can have a larger eatery, and combine a whole bunch more for a grocery store?

tired of seeing their ads showing it's close to woodbury town center, that place is overcrowded (and imagine if gp is fully built out)

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 164
They need to have another freeway offramp between Alton and Sand Canyon...otherwise, the traffic coming off the freeway will cause like 3 mile backups.
there once was a project for 133 (south of irvine blvd, could be non-toll?) to exit at trabuco/great park blvd, but it's no longer on tca's project site, the land is still vacant which means it's potentially feasible, but yeah, 5fwy exit is bad, and that sand canyon build up between trabuco/great park blvd, to night mist, to 5 fwy, to marine way, to 5 fwy, to burt road is also aggravating

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 194
  • -Received: 1085
no kidding, all we ever see is instead of retail, new homes pop up (novel park), and first glimpse of retail, we see pop up kiosks and hot dog stands, and now shipping containers.  can they combine multiple containers so you can have a larger eatery, and combine a whole bunch more for a grocery store?

tired of seeing their ads showing it's close to woodbury town center, that place is overcrowded (and imagine if gp is fully built out)

Agree. Not sure if residents are really wanting burgers from a kiosk and tacos from a container. Haven’t they had food trucks in various areas of the great park for awhile now?  How is this that different?  What people want are grocers, pharmacies, dry cleaners, fast casual eateries.

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 532
  • -Received: 999
They need to have another freeway offramp between Alton and Sand Canyon...otherwise, the traffic coming off the freeway will cause like 3 mile backups.

Agree!!

What happen to that 133 off-ramp at Great Park Blvd?  If they allow free toll up to the Great Park Blvd on 133, GP goer can utilize 133 freely as a more direct path to GP, that will alleviate a lot of traffic jam on Sand Canyon.

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 87
Maybe they can levy an additional tax to residents of the GP and other beneficiaries of that off-ramp.  If they can afford an annually-increasing, double-MR, then they can afford an extra tax.
Thanks in advance for the 'thanks'!!

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 237
  • -Received: 170
Sure, I will vote for the tax increase to makes life easier.  :)

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 313
  • -Received: 573
Maybe they can levy an additional tax to residents of the GP and other beneficiaries of that off-ramp.  If they can afford an annually-increasing, double-MR, then they can afford an extra tax.

Extra tax for what? Please stop the nonsense.
Double-MR is already a burden for owners and now you want another tax. Throw on top of the salt limit deduction. (I heard people were even writing off the MR prior to the tax reform, but I guess not any mo’.)
The little guy is getting squeezed and pinched.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:09:16 AM by eyephone »

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 366
  • -Received: 304

Is the containers considered retail?  ;)

Regarding traffic Belly and I previously mentioned this potential traffic problem.

Containers are a great idea.  If and when they flop, they can be repurposed elsewhere in the GP :)

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/01/freight-containers-to-be-re-purposed-for-homeless-shelter-in-buena-park-part-of-new-construction-trend/

I feel like this is a reflection the design of GP being off...they are trying so hard to be edgy that they refuse to stick with anything traditional.
You're not cool enough for the GP.

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 237
  • -Received: 170
Fantastic laid out trails. I can see that I will not get bore from these trails for many years to come.

Take a walk and see for yourself. Serene, peaceful, lush.

Great job FivePoints. Well done.

Offline perite11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
sarcasm?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts