Author Topic: Orange County Great Park: Sports park, water park, ice rink, golf course  (Read 73612 times)

Offline WTTCHMN

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 299
Which colleges have the best university Village full of eateries like Dean and Deluca, Macaroons, cupcakes, shoppings like Anthropology, J Crew, Kate Spade, Northface, Zagot rated restaurants offering international cuisines, neighborhood bars and no homelessness.
Trader Joe's, Hmart and Wholefoods nearby.

But what college kid shops at Dean & Deluca??  IHS, you've been watching too many Felicity reruns.

Ok, I'll bite.  The only place with all of those shops is Georgetown.

Offline Prototype

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 29
Prototype,

You are very perceptive! The two campuses you cited are fairly good with some amenities but still very far from being ideal. There are only a few campuses in America that have this richness of amenities within walking distance from campus. I hate those oversized sports parks with no amenities surrounding the fields. This won't be the case. I would not enjoy sitting out in the sun and sit through 3 hours of little league. I want to sit at a eaterie and enjoy the game and do a little bit of shopping and return to the stand at the 3rd hour. Irvine is boring and lifeless. Lesson learned.

I truly hope that this is a preview of what's to come, IHS!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 613
Irvine is boring and lifeless. Lesson learned.

You said it not me. Why are people shying away to talk about the university center area?

Offline noMoneyBackin2011

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 6
because they don't have ~700 acres available to work with at university town center? 

honestly if the only thing that is lost is the man made canyon...then fine by me, no big deal.

totally spot on w/regards to a massive sports park with zero amenities.    Just make sure to have a massive multi use complex and i'll be happy.  hell i would have been okay with a library-ish type of thing with many functional spaces/rooms (as opposed to a boring traditional library).

Hell I'd drop the golf course and think about a better use of that space.  Even fields with lots of trees is better than a golf course. Maybe add the basketball courts that should have never been missed.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 392
  • -Received: 591
This is Irvine-- bocce ball >>> basketball 😉

Offline acf

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 35
  • -Received: 22
I'm all for the ice rinks. Can't wait!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
They don't have 700 acres, but they have open parking spaces. (Create more retail spaces?) Isn't the university center managed by the Irvine Company Retail Properties?

because they don't have ~700 acres available to work with at university town center? 

honestly if the only thing that is lost is the man made canyon...then fine by me, no big deal.

totally spot on w/regards to a massive sports park with zero amenities.    Just make sure to have a massive multi use complex and i'll be happy.  hell i would have been okay with a library-ish type of thing with many functional spaces/rooms (as opposed to a boring traditional library).

Hell I'd drop the golf course and think about a better use of that space.  Even fields with lots of trees is better than a golf course. Maybe add the basketball courts that should have never been missed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:13:42 PM by eyephone »

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 37
  • -Received: 19
university town  center is already so crowded....with new restaurants opening and  a new Target location opening this summer

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
university town  center is already so crowded....with new restaurants opening and  a new Target location opening this summer

Let me give you a scenario. After class do you want to hang out at Target or DJ?
Maybe if they need to get stuff, Target is the answer. But if they want to "chill or get a bite to eat" then DJ might be the answer.

You have to ask the question. Why is DJ jam packed? Because there is a lot of food, drinks, and desert choices.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:24:51 PM by eyephone »

Offline mitirvine31

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 2
Base Camp- just like Anaheim packing District.

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=15184.0

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2204
  • -Received: 3589
  • 3CWG

You are dead to me.

Something I will never hear:

"Hey IHO, want to run some bocce Saturday morning?"
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 392
  • -Received: 591

You are dead to me.

Something I will never hear:

"Hey IHO, want to run some bocce Saturday morning?"

I also laughed after first seeing bocce ball courts at new home communities. IHS and his architect friends must love the sport.

Offline irvinehomeshopper

• Thanks
  • -Given: 528
  • -Received: 979
No one wants to have a basketball court in their neighborhood. The homes nearby will have a negative premium due to noise.
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline irvinehomeshopper

• Thanks
  • -Given: 528
  • -Received: 979
Laduree opened today at Georgetown.

Which colleges have the best university Village full of eateries like Dean and Deluca, Macaroons, cupcakes, shoppings like Anthropology, J Crew, Kate Spade, Northface, Zagot rated restaurants offering international cuisines, neighborhood bars and no homelessness.

But what college kid shops at Dean & Deluca??  IHS, you've been watching too many Felicity reruns.

"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 299
Laduree opened today at Georgetown.

LadurĂ©e is becoming the McDonald's of macarons.  They are opening up everywhere.  I don't know if they could survive in Irvine...  too many Viet copycats for 1/5 the price.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts