Dash cams

socal78

Reviving this thread. F.F. 6 mos. and it's my anniversary tomorrow. After reading T.I., I requested a really romantic anniversary gift.... His & Hers dash cams.  ;) My request was honored. It will be installed on Saturday. Excited!!  :) *Happy dance*

Thank goodness for dashcams. Yesterday, I witnessed a man back his SUV into an unoccupied, parked car. I rolled down my window and waved to get his attention. He smiled and waved back. I yelled: "You hit that car!" while pointing at it. He kept smiling and drove away. I was beating myself up for not being able to get a pic of what happened since my phone was being restarted and had trouble getting it unlocked. He was also driving without a plate on the front so I couldn't get his number down. Then, I remembered that I have a dashcam. It's hidden behind my rear view mirror. I always forget it's there. I also forget it records audio. Playing it back while listening to myself react to the crunch was hysterical. I was able to find the owner of the vehicle so I was able to tell her what happened and can give her the footage.

I think insurance companies should encourage the use of dashcams.

Back