Northwood High is closer to landfill than Portola High

OceanMist

Since this has been discussed multiple times and against general perception; so, I thought of starting a new thread to bring everybody on the same page. It turns out that Northwood high is CLOSER to landfill than Portola high. Northwood high is 2.78mil from landfill where as Portola High is 2.93mil from landfill

Attachments

• Northwood high.png
    Northwood high.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • Portola High.png
    Portola High.png
    617.2 KB · Views: 166
YellowFever said:
Be that as it may but Portola High was the one where they found discolored and contaminated soil during inspection.  Further soil samples didnt reveal too much or perhaps the city council "paid off" the builders and kept it all under wraps. If they found one site, how many more sites in or around PS high also have discolored soil that they don't know about?  And why would the city spend more money to uncover this problem?  It's easier to just keep it hush hush and pay off whoever needs to be paid off.

Remember what I said. You just need one hazard, one case, one event, to get cancer or blow up on the news and instantly home values will plummet. Is that worth betting on? That's a decision you have to decide.

Should you be conservative and just bet on black or red? Or is it safer to just bet on number 7 in roulette?  ;)

Unless of course you are a rich fob and you spread your risk across multiple roulette numbers (like buying multiple homes in different communities) and diversify risk.  That is the way to do it.

If you have the money for four homes and you want to buy in Irvine, you should buy one in different neighborhoods and diversify risk. Very unwise to bet completely on PS or GP.
Again, great post YellowFever. What's your take on SG?

YellowFever said:
The state of California is now stepping in.  They are ordering that more tests be done.  Clearly the city cannot be trusted. ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...2-portola-high-school-20160311-story,amp.html

A lot of you skeptics keep downplaying this but I'm telling all you folks that the people who are in power, the rich, the elite, will stop at nothing to get what they want and put innocent lives at risk for the sake of making money.  That's why I'm telling you, don't believe anything and do your own research and make your own judgement.  We will wait and see just like Quail Hill where a ton of the kids there got brain cancer/tumors from pesticides and women experienced miscarriages.

At the end of the day, my opinion is fu** ps high because I'm not taking the risk of sending my kids there to play in the playground or drink the water from the fountain.  That is a "calculated risk" that I'm taking and my .02 cent.
Basically, in that case you are suggesting to avoid PS/PP/LR/SG/GP..Right?

YellowFever said:
The state of California is now stepping in.  They are ordering that more tests be done.  Clearly the city cannot be trusted. ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...2-portola-high-school-20160311-story,amp.html

A lot of you skeptics keep downplaying this but I'm telling all you folks that the people who are in power, the rich, the elite, will stop at nothing to get what they want and put innocent lives at risk for the sake of making money.  That's why I'm telling you, don't believe anything and do your own research and make your own judgement.  We will wait and see just like Quail Hill where a ton of the kids there got brain cancer/tumors from pesticides and women experienced miscarriages.

What makes you trust the state more than the city?

Also, whose result would you trust? Going by your logic I would naturally not trust any result because everyone's in it for themselves.

YellowFever said:
Greed knows no bound. PS residents may very well all be guinea pigs and I whole-hardheartedly welcome guinea pigs because after all, the greatest discovery in many of mankind's accomplishment required guinea pigs.  i.e. John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the earth.  He put his life at risk for the US during the cold war.
Why do you have so much "love" for PS. You very well know that only a very specific area of PS, PS3,might have some contamination. And, if you talk about Portola High, then, PS is not the only community whose kids would be going to Portola High :)

YellowFever said:

At the end of the day, my opinion is fu** ps high because I'm not taking the risk of sending my kids there to play in the playground or drink the water from the fountain.  That is a "calculated risk" that I'm taking and my .02 cent.

Either Ur a bad troll or you just don't bother to read. This is an old article.

YellowFever said:
Be that as it may but Portola High was the one where they found discolored and contaminated soil during inspection.  Further soil samples didnt reveal too much or perhaps the city council "paid off" the builders and kept it all under wraps. If they found one site, how many more sites in or around PS high also have discolored soil that they don't know about? 

This would be my biggest concern.  If they found a few sites with known contamination, how can they prove this site is clean and safe?  The problem is the unknown.  Unless you test EVERYWHERE you wont know this is actually safe.  The fact that a few areas were contaminated however should tell you there is definitely a good chance other areas are as well...  I would personally avoid this area, but I understand that others have financial interests in this area which would cause you to ignore or downplay these potential dangers.

YellowFever said:
When I talked about the 'rich' and 'powerful' elites and 'entitled' that run this world, that run this city, that run the system... I wasn't wrong...
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/more-toxic-contamination-discovered-new-irvine-high-site-abercrombie

"These risks are known to the School District. Yet, IUSD officials have continued to rush construction of the High School, while concealing important information from the public. In fact, IUSD officials failed to publicly disclose the November 2014 discovery of dangerous toxic contamination, until forced to do so by a Public Records Act request from this reporter."

The very people who are responsible, who are bestowed with this power, have ALREADY demonstrated the fact that they will do EVERYTHING to keep everything in secrecy until the very last possible moment or when forced. Now imagine what these people may still know, and may very well possibly have 'paid off' to keep the others from spilling the truth.

You guys can all sit there and yap all about 'articles' or 'tests' that show it's safe or of little concern.  But I've already proven and shown you that these people that run the show, clearly, have a LOT of power and they'll make sure everything is about profits and money first, before the concerns of citizens. Everything big or small will be downplayed like an ant just crawled across your dinner table.

Greed knows no bound. PS residents may very well all be guinea pigs and I whole-hardheartedly welcome guinea pigs because after all, the greatest discovery in many of mankind's accomplishment required guinea pigs.  i.e. John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the earth.  He put his life at risk for the US during the cold war.

If you are so worried about  pesticides and other carcinogens you might as well move out Irvine as the majority of the city was developed on farmland that used pesticides. In addition there are cell towers every which some studies show can cause cancer. Have you looked out your window lately at that perfectly green palm tree year around?

You want t be safe? Become one of those doomsday preppers that move to the middle of no where.

This board now consists of two things.  Yellow Fever's fear of toxins and Perspective's endless links about Trump.

Can we just go back to talking about finding a good quartz shop?  ;)

Back