Author Topic: SCOTUS  (Read 24126 times)

Online morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 258
  • -Received: 291
Re: SCOTUS
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 08:35:33 AM »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:50:52 PM by morekaos »

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »
Congratulations Judge Gorsuch!!

Gorsuch wins approval from Senate panel on party-line vote, setting up historic filibuster

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-gorsuch-wins-approval-from-senate-panel-1491230152-htmlstory.html

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 491
  • -Received: 316
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 11:12:16 AM »
Here's a fun blast from the past:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, No Fan of Donald Trump

“I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president,” she said. “For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that.”
eyephone:  Your the snowflake lil bitch. Making up fake stories.

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 08:46:13 PM »
It's stupid for them to blow their ammo on this one.  They will set the nuclear precedence on an unwinnable nomination when the next one is the nomination they will need to fight (probably Ginsburg). If the trigger is already pulled the Repubs will pull it again for her replacement in short order. You're done...end of story!!

I tried to warn that Schumer blew it trying to filibuster Gorsuch, now the fools have no amo when it might count...Trump will win without much of a fight now....soon to be winning, again!

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 205
  • -Received: 207
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 06:43:23 AM »
It's stupid for them to blow their ammo on this one.  They will set the nuclear precedence on an unwinnable nomination when the next one is the nomination they will need to fight (probably Ginsburg). If the trigger is already pulled the Repubs will pull it again for her replacement in short order. You're done...end of story!!

I tried to warn that Schumer blew it trying to filibuster Gorsuch, now the fools have no amo when it might count...Trump will win without much of a fight now....soon to be winning, again!

thank you harry reid!

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 06:29:49 PM »
We will win this too...Dems blew their defense and can also blame Grandma Ginsberg for not retiring when Obama was in power, she’s next...idjuts!!

Trump nominates Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court

President Donald Trump has picked Brett M. Kavanaugh, a federal appeals court judge with extensive legal credentials and a lengthy political record, to succeed Justice Anthony M. Kennedy on the Supreme Court.
Kavanaugh, 53, is an ideological conservative who is expected to push the court to the right on a number of issues including business regulation and national security.
But he is also considered a safer pick than some of the more partisan choices on the president’s shortlist.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/05/trump-picks-brett-kavanaugh-for-supreme-court.html

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 170
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 06:47:37 PM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/alan-dershowitz-trump-is-anticipating-choosing-up-to-five-supreme-court-justices

Dems better pray Trump doesn't get re-elected and get some senate seats to block even more conservative picks down the road.

Ginsberg shoulda retired years ago when Obama could have filled her seat.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 299
  • -Received: 559
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/alan-dershowitz-trump-is-anticipating-choosing-up-to-five-supreme-court-justices

Dems better pray Trump doesn't get re-elected and get some senate seats to block even more conservative picks down the road.

What is the relationship between the Trumps and Justin Kennedy?

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »

What is the relationship between the Trumps and Justin Kennedy?

Don't know, don't care. Election ain't now and the only news I see is a headline which I rarely click on because they are mostly opinions and not facts.

I rather spend my time on seeing new crafts to make and finding out when Better Call Saul is coming on again.

After not voting for years, I did vote last election and you bet I'll be voting again.

If you are interested in getting the dems out to vote, you can always get involved in the postcards to voters movement. I got no problem taking blue money.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
What’s the rush all of the sudden?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:06:09 AM by eyephone »

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 205
  • -Received: 207
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 08:56:04 PM »
kavanaugh is a great pick! can’t wait to hear the outrage about the time he glanced at a woman’s cleavage out the corner of his eye, only tipped 15% at a mexican restaurant, and didn’t recycle a plastic bottle  ::)

Online eyephone

• Thanks

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 09:16:33 PM »
Fake news...

MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle, who worked for eight years at Deutsche Bank before joining the news network, cautioned about reaching conclusions because there are multiple parts of the bank that "can easily get confused and lumped together."

"While I know and it has been well-reported, Deutsche was a massive lender to Mr. Trump, I want to put a new context," she said. "A lot of this comes from multiple sides of the bank, specifically the private bank, and that was not where Mr. Kennedy worked."

Citing two former members of senior management, Ruhle said, "a lot of the recent lending comes from the private bank...most of which was done after Justin left the bank."

"The business Mr. Kennedy ran was part of a real estate team that did some business. It was not part of the private bank business

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 09:30:20 PM »
Who knows? Justice Kennedy hasn’t made a statement regarding the relationship with Trump.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 10:19:44 AM »
kavanaugh is a great pick! can’t wait to hear the outrage about the time he glanced at a woman’s cleavage out the corner of his eye, only tipped 15% at a mexican restaurant, and didn’t recycle a plastic bottle  ::)

LOL!

No matter who the Don picked, it wouldn't be any good and would be worthy of trashing and protests out the wazoo.

Dems better hope Ruth doesn't have to step down.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts