Author Topic: flooring suggestion  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Perspective

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 119
  • -Received: 153
Re: flooring suggestion
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
By choosing dark wood cabinets, you've pretty much eliminated hardwood flooring, but all other options remain available.

Wha? Dark wood cabs/wood flooring combo is prevalent in model homes isn't it?

Model homes do some interesting things. I used the term "pretty much," because it is difficult to coordinate a certain wood/tone of cabinets with hardwood flooring. One solution is to avoid contact - use tile in the kitchen (and baths of course) and hardwood elsewhere, so that the hardwood flooring doesn't touch the cabinets.

The image above looks good. It can be done. But just look at some current listings and you'll see that it can be done poorly too.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 493
  • -Received: 776
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
By choosing dark wood cabinets, you've pretty much eliminated hardwood flooring, but all other options remain available.

Model homes do some interesting things. I used the term "pretty much," because it is difficult to coordinate a certain wood/tone of cabinets with hardwood flooring. One solution is to avoid contact - use tile in the kitchen (and baths of course) and hardwood elsewhere, so that the hardwood flooring doesn't touch the cabinets.

The image above looks good. It can be done. But just look at some current listings and you'll see that it can be done poorly too.

you can say that with everything

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 330
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »

you can say that with everything

ad hominem in 3, 2, 1...

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
  • -Given: 119
  • -Received: 153
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
Only had to visit one listing, from the WTF thread today, to find an example of hardwood flooring that doesn't work with the kitchen cabinets. Fortunately they didn't carry the hardwood into the kitchen amplifying the contrast.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 219
  • -Received: 815
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
Separating the living flooring from the kitchen flooring looks awful, and kills the great room concept.  Just pick a floor that goes nicely with your cabinets.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »
I'm surprised no one mentioned the paint color, the recliner living room chair, the coffee table...

That person should of put the tile or wood floors throughout.

Offline rkp

• Thanks
  • -Given: 310
  • -Received: 295
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »
Espresso cabs can go very well with light color flooring.  The pic too bright but if you see it person, it totally works. 

Offline jcm949

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »
I prefer dark cabinets matched with a single type of light color tile flooring throughout the entire 1st floor.  Carpet for stairs and on 2nd floor.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
Saw this today at one of the Parkside models, kind of a grey / brown tile, looked nice.

Offline _irviner

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 07:09:32 PM »
thnx everyone we have decided to go with tiles....

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »
Saw this today at one of the Parkside models, kind of a grey / brown tile, looked nice.

Btw-Did you meet Mike?  ;)

Offline Irvine Dream

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 111
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 08:45:57 PM »

more so why are you going and checking out houses in the boonies when you have the perfect Whistler house in Irvine with a nice looking backyard?

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 330
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »

more so why are you going and checking out houses in the boonies when you have the perfect Whistler house in Irvine with a nice looking backyard?

Everyone knows that Ronnie is obsessed with gated communities.  Irvine Dream, time to dust off that spreadsheet.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »

Nope, all ladies in the sales office.  4 Women I think.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »

Stalker...

I work nearby and I like Toll's over the top designs, gives me some good ideas on updates.  Would never buy there, the lots are quite small and Toll Road is looming over you.  The community in general felt pretty cramped, but maybe that was just due to the construction traffic. 

Seems like only 3 models were open, I expected more. 

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal