Eastwood versus Stonegate

irvineempathy

Being so close to each other but zoned for different schools, which among the two is better?  Eastwood new homes versus Stonegate relatively old homes?  After all, new is a relative term...in 5 years from now, EW is also going not to get old.

Why is Stonegate so hot?  Will EW join the same league?

irvineempathy said:
Being so close to each other but zoned for different schools, which among the two is better?  Eastwood new homes versus Stonegate relatively old homes?  After all, new is a relative term...in 5 years from now, EW is also going not to get old.

Why is Stonegate so hot?  Will EW join the same league?
My 0.02 cents: Stonegate is hot because of elementary school; Eastwood is hot because new and NW high.

YellowFever said:
Northwood High all the way baby.  Plus, based on my geometric calculations, SG is closer to the landfill than EW and more exposed/dosage of landfill air. 

2rwuyac.jpg
As you mentioned in the past, >1500 sq. ft is safe distance from freeway. What is your theory on safe distance from landfill?

YellowFever said:
A quarter of a mile could easily make or break the difference between toxic exposure and just like an extra cup of wine can make or break the difference between birth defect or no birth defect.  We just don't know the math... but NASA might  ;D

Oops, will move it to Irvine thread, you may have to copy paste your comments, sorry

Landfill would not be as bad if the elevation of the landfill is lower or even with the home sites. In this case Frank Bowerman trash dump is + 800' higher than Stonegate and Eastwood. Toxicity leaches into the ground and migrate in the downward direction perpendicular to contour lines. The Plume is a good example: gravitating to the lowest spot which is Woodbridge. Woodbridge is much farther away than Bakers Ranch from the Plume. Elevation is much more critical than distance. Trash gravy run off has affected a row of houses in PS and many homes along one street were for sale.

YellowFever said:
OceanMist said:
As you mentioned in the past, >1500 sq. ft is safe distance from freeway. What is your theory on safe distance from landfill?

The 1500ft is from research and studies proven.

So for landfill..
My theory is, unless research can prove how far is 'safe', get as F*** far away from it as you can.  And so based on that, EW is further away.  ;D Still, the wind direction and speed plays an important role as it is responsible for carrying those toxic gases.

I always like using this analogy: Do you think doctors, scientists, and cardiologists can determine just how much alcohol a pregnant women can drink before her baby gets mental retardation or FAS?  Even if the doctor knows what the lady's BMI value is?  We know typically a fat person would need more alcohol than a scrawny person to reach the same BAC level.

YellowFever said:
OceanMist said:

I have found new data.  Studies have shown you want to be about 3 miles away.  Eastwood is just 2.9-3+ miles away depending on which model you are buying.  So I think EW is fine, it's just at the perimeter of the radius.  Those within 0-1 mile are at high risk, 1-2 mile medium risk, and risk starts to decline approaching the 3 mile mark and probably no more risk after that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ll-site-can-increase-the-risk-of-lung-cancer/

I measure 2.5 miles from the center of Eastwood to the center of the landfill pit.

You might have to change your Eastwood ranking to a 3.

Trash gravy drains perpendicular to contour lines. Just like the Plume it moves underneath the earth surface. That flow line points straight to Eastwood. Eastwood is at the lowest elevation where the trash gravy is likely to settle. Unfortunately PS, Stonegate and Eastwood are all at the lower elevation lined up in a series than the Trash Gravy run off and leach pit elevations.

WTTCHMN said:
YellowFever said:
OceanMist said:

I have found new data.  Studies have shown you want to be about 3 miles away.  Eastwood is just 2.9-3+ miles away depending on which model you are buying.  So I think EW is fine, it's just at the perimeter of the radius.  Those within 0-1 mile are at high risk, 1-2 mile medium risk, and risk starts to decline approaching the 3 mile mark and probably no more risk after that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ll-site-can-increase-the-risk-of-lung-cancer/

I measure 2.5 miles from the center of Eastwood to the center of the landfill pit.

You might have to change your Eastwood ranking to a 3.

Trash Gravy run off and drains to the lowest elevation at the shortest distance. It also leaches into the ground and travel below the surface. Landslide on hill terrain is caused by subsurface water intrusion. Your theory of moisture does not travel beneath the earth surface is very naive. This is the reason why all sites require the geotechnical engineer to verify ground water, soil hydrology and soil composition. The moisture content in soil determines the type of foundation and the allowable bearing pressure. Water migrate beneath the land surface in addition to surface run off.

Your beloved neighborhood is at elevation 300. The lowest elevation at 2-1/2 mile radius while Greatpark neighborhoods are at 500 elevation at 2-1/2 mile. Run off wont go to the higher elevation. Drainage drain to the steepest grade to the lowest elevation. 800' in 2-1/2 miles is no joke.

Here is the US Geological survey and would you please end your bad advice for others.

IMG_6423_zpsnxs8ln3n.jpg

Have you walked into a trash dump and see what kind of stuff people throw away. You think landfill is for dirt and landscape waste. The trash from the entire OC is being dumped there. I certainly threw away my share of paints, batteries, and motor oil in milk cartons. Have you seen what Santa Ana residents put in their trash?

I am not trying to rate which neighborhood is worst but only to debunk your paranoia of contamination and yet you rated certain neighborhood so highly. It is highly contradictory to your preaching.

You do know that Newport Coast is on top of a trash dump? I guess may be you already knew and therefore trash dump friendly. 

Back