Jing's Kitchen (Irvine)

ps99472

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jings-kitchen-irvine

Bookmarked this place to try ever since seeing them on Yelp.  Food looks like what my grandmother use to cook when I was younger.  Shanghainese style, lots of stews, marinades, stir fry....

EF470036-C250-47D8-8A4C-E0AFBE1DEE43_zpstjsy3ufo.jpg

93DF3CD3-074D-4136-A01F-966A2145395E_zps1jx5gjxw.jpg

AE18F77D-80E5-44EF-B920-52F207719D76_zpshkgsemla.jpg

7EDD0CFB-C43E-4C55-9A49-17262868C357_zpszkks2e57.jpg

55EFD7E7-E168-4FC3-A57C-4D46C28DA9D0_zpszffffmwo.jpg

Made the mistake of showing up before closing (6pm).  They're shutting down so full menu is not available.  I got the stir fried bean curd above, pepper shrimp, kung pao chicken, stewed pork hock, and sweet (alcohol) rice as dessert.  Boss lady at the counter (really nice) recommends signing up for her WeChat channel, most of their customers order through that during the day and pick it up on the way home. 

Food is tasty, reminds me of home.  Loved the pork hock and the fatty skin.  Feel like that food critic in ratatouille when he took his first bite of ratatouille....

Next time I'm gonna get some of the Chinese 'tamales' and frozen wontons.  And also order ahead! 

Place is hard to find, on Technology in a business park.  The arrows pointing to the 196 building is not correct... if using gps, after pulling into the business park, when you see the 196 arrow pointing straight ahead, go straight, then turn right, its facing the back of the business park.  Be patient, you'll find it.

YellowFever said:
I tried the shrimp fried rice.  I thought it was quite salty.  The lady told me why I ordered this, that I should be ordering authentic Taiwanese dishes like bean curd and stuff.  Uh... maybe because rice fills me up better?

So how many stars would you give this place? (1-5 stars)

IMO their quality is better than Ranch 99's hot table food, but the price is also higher.

I tried the curry chicken the other day for lunch.  Pretty damn good and good portion size.  Will be trying out the dinner combo tonight.

Heh, I was at that center off of Campus where Hen House is and I noticed that Pig Haus has turned into Ding's Kitchen. I thought this was the same one.

If you buy lunch there, you can also get 2 meat dishes and 1 veggie dish to go for $25.  Go early and you will have bigger selection from the counter.

Back