Legado in PS - anyone currently live there? Any other thoughts/opinions?

vh5150

Hi,

New member here. Anyone  currently lives in Legado have any feedback on the place? Currently looking to move to Irvine but will need to sell my existing home to do so since they don't seem to like contingent sales unless its in escrow already. The layout seems to be what we are looking for, but what's the deal with how slow it's being built? Is this to create artificial demand? Each phase is released slowly and only a few homes built per phase.

Alternatively, we are also looking at Trellis Court (residence 2) but like the layout of Legado more for roughly the same price. Any reason to consider Trellis Court instead?

vh5150 said:
Hi,

New member here. Anyone  currently lives in Legado have any feedback on the place? Currently looking to move to Irvine but will need to sell my existing home to do so since they don't seem to like contingent sales unless its in escrow already. The layout seems to be what we are looking for, but what's the deal with how slow it's being built? Is this to create artificial demand? Each phase is released slowly and only a few homes built per phase.

Alternatively, we are also looking at Trellis Court (residence 2) but like the layout of Legado more for roughly the same price. Any reason to consider Trellis Court instead?

Trellis is closer to 5 fwy and has lower meloroos. Otherwise, legado is the way to go

Hello! Welcome to the board!

It may be beneficial to take the post above with a grain of salt.  They're both beautiful homes, just a matter of what would work best for you and your family.  I ended up buying in CVE because I like the proximity to the freeways, for work purposes, and the little ones will be able to enjoy GP when it's built out. 

Try the search function, you'll find some good resources talking about both properties. Check this one out comparing Legado and TC:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14843.msg298413.html#msg298413

vh5150 said:
Hi,

Trellis Court all the way in my opinion.  MUCH more conveniently located, lower mello roos and the vaulted ceilings.  The TC residence 2 has a good sized guest bedroom downstairs which no other home that size offers. 

One thing I didn't like for trellis court... well the courtyard. Makes it seem like apartments or townhomes.

Agree with last couple of posts. Would throw in "how big a factor" is location of school for you and your family. Cve is significantly further from its k-12 than legado. Not going to get into differences in school, see other posts, but it was something that came into play for my family.

Trellis looks like a better buy.  I like the high ceilings and better location.  Love the bedroom on 1st floor.  Benefits of being next to Great Park without the high mello roos.  Last I checked they were on Phase 13, seems to be selling very well.

Been a while since I went to the Legado office, but I think they were very slow on the phases if I recall.  Not sure if this is because of lack of demand or not.  Having a driveway is nice, downstairs bedroom is good, downside is Portola Springs is kind of too far off for me.

After the Great Park is built out, I would guess Trellis would become even more desirable.

Agree with other posters about Trellis court. Being Base camp built in an year or so.. it will be more desirable location. Homes with High ceilings looks nice. And close to Great park, a plus for families with kids.

LongIrvine said:
Agree with last couple of posts. Would throw in "how big a factor" is location of school for you and your family. Cve is significantly further from its k-12 than legado. Not going to get into differences in school, see other posts, but it was something that came into play for my family.

yeah, i was just looking at the map, currently CVE is assigned to Cypress Village Elem, Jeff Trails, Irv High? would seem alot closer if it was assigned to BP and Portola High, literally half the distance and more on time savings

AW said:
LongIrvine said:

yeah, i was just looking at the map, currently CVE is assigned to Cypress Village Elem, Jeff Trails, Irv High? would seem alot closer if it was assigned to BP and Portola High, literally half the distance and more on time savings

I'm willing to bet that eventually, CVE will get rezoned to the BP schools. 

I think they are both good choices within that price range and home size.  It really depends on what schools you want your kids to go to and the amenities you are looking for. 

CVE has the elementary and middle schools very close to the homes.  Irvine HS is pretty good so even if they never rezone CVE to Portola HS, I am sure your kids will be fine.  CVE is right by the I5 and near the Woodbury Towncenter and the upcoming GP retail. 

PS Legado has a driveway and a generous shared courtyard.  The elementary is walking distance and both the middle school and high schools are walking/biking distance.  No retail right by it now but WB towncenter is only 5min away by car and a new retail center will be built in walking distance to the homes (next to the high school and near to Irvine Blvd and Modjeska). 

Like I said, both good choices.  Go with the better floor plan and if schools are a factor, go with your choice of schools.

YellowFever said:
Trellis court is near those power lines and SCE substation.  That means you could get cancer from all that electric field that it generates.  It has lower mello roos and is near the TCE plume.  It is closer to the 5 but Sand Canyon has the most retarded intersection light setup near the 5fwy.  But it is closer to the 5fwy.

Wtf? I get worrying about groundwater and the TCE plume issues, or not liking the aesthetics of power lines or SCE substation..

but getting cancer from electric field that it generates?

Where does that come from?

Study as recent as 2013 does not support this (and through the decades)

YellowFever said:
Trellis court is near those power lines and SCE substation.  That means you could get cancer from all that electric field that it generates.  It has lower mello roos and is near the TCE plume.  It is closer to the 5 but Sand Canyon has the most retarded intersection light setup near the 5fwy.  But it is closer to the 5fwy.

Legado is fairly nice for what you get but doesn't have the vaulted ceiling like Trellis court.  Down side is it is in a much more remote area, closer to the cemetery, and sits above the El Toro base where the TCE plume is.  It's not the greatest location as you will be near the Bowerman landfill, the TCE plume, and the future cemetery.  All these violates basic Feng Shui rules when it comes to resale.  Obviously, you're going to get people on here who are naysayers about it, but there's no denying the fact:  Portola Springs is the poor man's choice for buying new home build in Irvine on a budget/value.  It is meant to obtain the lowest price possible, sacrificing location and shopping/amenities while still getting that new paint smell when you turn the key.

The best choice for new home builds is Hidden Canyon, Orchard Hills, or Eastwood.  If you don't care about Feng Shui or reselling to some ch*nk who cares about feng shui then you can move forward with either of the two above.

Here is a general map of the TCE plume.  Keep in mind, Portola High School also has been discovered to have discolored soil, so it's not limited to what this map shows.  You WILL sign a disclosure stating that you will not SUE the Irvine Company should your kids develop birth defects or autism or if your penis falls off as a result of TCE.  I know my friends who bought in Portola had to.

TOXIC%20PLUME.jpg

The worst is probably buying in Great Park where you are practically living on top of the TCE plume.  You don't need to look far to discover that TCE will certainly kill you in one of the most agonizing way possible:

"EPA finds trichloroethylene causes kidney and liver cancer, lymphoma and other health problems."http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/30/local/la-me-toxic-risk-20110930

Wow

You could see from the map that the plume is under Woodbridge and is next to CVE.  But this is old news, both Woodbridge and CV are selling at all time high prices.  They are doing the cleanup now and knowing the City of Irvine, doing a great job.

As regards to PS, there is no plume.  There was some soil issue affecting the land under a park.  And they used one of the most expensive methods to do the cleanup out of over abundance of caution.  But no homes were ever built on that soil and there are no restrictions on the home owners as to planting fruit trees or digging dirt.  There is also no restrictions regarding planting fruit trees on the park either which tells you what a good job they did.

Thank you Irvine Ninja for clarifying.  We live in PS as well (north of Portola Parkway) and bought new.  There was no disclosure about any contaminated soil.  As you pointed out, I believe the only land in PS that has been found to have contaminants is the area just north of Irvine Blvd. by Modjeska.

irvine buyer said:
Thank you Irvine Ninja for clarifying.  We live in PS as well (north of Portola Parkway) and bought new.  There was no disclosure about any contaminated soil.  As you pointed out, I believe the only land in PS that has been found to have contaminants is the area just north of Irvine Blvd. by Modjeska.

Yes, and the Irvine Co. did an extensive cleanup of that small patch of land before even considering building a community there.  Like I said before, no homes were ever built on it even after the thorough cleanup, because they know how crazy we home buyers can be about every little potential risk.  ;)

That contamination issue is only in PS Neighborhood 3 and it's only limited to a very small area in that neighborhood.  Rest of PS have no such issue.

And for those that are interested in Legado, Brookfield are building more Legado or something like it on that higher lot call PS Neighborhood 5A just north of the current location.  No info on the exact date when this project is going to start but they should start that neighborhood withing the next 12 month. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14215.msg285695.html#msg285695

For those taht are in the market for Legardo and are not in a hurry, might want to wait and check out these new homes in PS-5A. 

Thanks everyone for your input. Leaning heavily towards Legado right now since the floorplan appears to be a better fit for us, but Trellis Court is a great alternative. The "plume" or whatever you call it was previously a concern but it appears that this isn't really a big deal since it's unaffected in Legado. How about for Trellis?

I was also previously confused at while Legado appeared to be moving so slowly. I thought these were around for awhile but they are very slow at phase releases and have very limited availability. Maybe the "feng shui" actually has a big effect on buyer demand on these or are they somehow creating some artificial demand?

Anyone have any idea of what the "priority list" looks like in regards to an estimate how many people are currently on the list? I'm concerned about selling my house in the hopes that this eventually becomes available. From what I hear, the next phase release is this next Wednesday.

Back