Immigration Ban

eyephone

"Trump billed his sweeping executive order as a necessary step to stop ?radical Islamic terrorists? from coming to the U.S. It included a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. by citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen and a 120-day suspension of the U.S. refugee program."

?All this is is identifying the seven countries ? and the reason we chose those seven countries is those were the seven countries that both the Congress and the Obama administration identified as being the seven countries that were most identifiable with dangerous terrorism taking place in their country,? Priebus explained."

Source:http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/01/29/reince-priebus-travel-ban/

The ban was quite effective in distracting everybody has they sacked the Joint Chief of Staff and Director of Intelligence from the National Security Council and replace them with Steve Bannon.

That's what people should be protesting.

Three reasons Saudi Arabia isnt on the travel ban:

1) The Tang Menace doesn't want the Kingdom dumping all of their UST on the market,

2) "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"  Iran is banned, Saudi isn't.

3) Boeing needs to.finish their latest round of arms sales.

PS: Having Herr Burgermeister Bannon seated at the table is little change from when Obama had his advisory minions in the room during these same meetings. So one man gets a chair. Obama usually had two or more flunkies attending. Meh.

My .02c

They should add Canada to the list. Most dangerous country I know--their favorite sport is hockey and they don't believe in guns.

iacrenter said:
They should add Canada to the list. Most dangerous country I know--their favorite sport is hockey and they don't believe in guns.

We worship guns here in the US. That's why we're the least dangerous country!  :eek:

iacrenter said:

Didn't something happen in Canada this past weekend?

Perspective said:
iacrenter said:

We worship guns here in the US. That's why we're the least dangerous country!  :eek:
Canadian gun laws may be more restrictive compared to US federal, but Canadian laws requiring registration, training, background checks, etc. are quite comparable to California and we have very safe cities like Oakland and Compton.

BTW, I'm sick of hearing Americans threaten to move to Canada.  JUST GO DAMMIT!

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Didn't something happen in Canada this past weekend?
Yes, Muslim extremist shot up Parliament.

Perspective said:
iacrenter said:

You got it all wrong. We worship violence in the US. A gun is simply a tool.

eyephone said:
"Trump billed his sweeping executive order as a necessary step to stop ?radical Islamic terrorists? from coming to the U.S. It included a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. by citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen and a 120-day suspension of the U.S. refugee program."

?All this is is identifying the seven countries ? and the reason we chose those seven countries is those were the seven countries that both the Congress and the Obama administration identified as being the seven countries that were most identifiable with dangerous terrorism taking place in their country,? Priebus explained."

Source:http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/01/29/reince-priebus-travel-ban/

Giuliani seems to have a different take on this, showing different intent. Good luck backpedaling on this one ... 

?I'll tell you the whole history of it,? Giuliani responded eagerly. ?So when [Trump] first announced it, he said, 'Muslim ban.' He called me up. He said, 'Put a commission together. Show me the right way to do it legally.' "Giuliani said he assembled a ?whole group of other very expert lawyers on this,? including former U.S. attorney general Michael Mukasey, Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Tex.) and Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.).

eyephone said:
I guess I'll think twice before going to Starbucks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-thousands-of-refugees-critics-want-a-boycott

"Howard Schultz, chief executive of the Starbucks coffee chain, has announced plans to hire thousands of refugees in dozens of countries around the world over the next five years. People who disagree with his stance have poured out their disdain with the hashtag #BoycottStarbucks"
I don't like how Starbucks gets political and you will never find me shopping there.  There's plenty of reasons to boycott them.

That said...

I think it's great that they are making a commitment to hiring refugees. 

Refugees come to our country legally and have a lot of hurdles to overcome.  They asked for help and we welcomed them here.  They typically have no money (though they get pretty good welfare).  They probably don't know our language.  They need to learn new skills to get jobs here.  Why get mad because someone offered them a job?  Why get mad at them for needing a job? 

Just curious, does anyone know if Iranians who bought houses in Orange County and have permanent residency be allowed back into the US if they were abroad when the president's executive order took place?

Loco_local said:
Just curious, does anyone know if Iranians who bought houses in Orange County and have permanent residency be allowed back into the US if they were abroad when the president's executive order took place?

There potentially might be some real estate deals?

Back