Rain, rain, rain

socal78

I'm at work right now, getting lots of calls about leaks and flooding from the homeowners due to all this rain. 2-3" were predicted today alone.

If your home is susceptible to flooding, consider getting some sandbags ready. This is the beginning of three storms.

On a slightly different note, you guys know that really loud flash flood alert sent to all of our cell phones today? The really old residents here said, "Honey, Honey... Honey!!!!! :mad: Stop sending this message to our phones!!!!" I died.  :D

SoCal said:
I'm at work right now, getting lots of calls about leaks and flooding from the homeowners due to all this rain. 2-3" were predicted today alone.

If your home is susceptible to flooding, consider getting some sandbags ready. This is the beginning of three storms.

Isn't the one today the last of the 3 storms?  The rest of the week is sunny skies..

I show a couple of thunderstorms coming tomorrow (Mon.), showers on Tues. Sunny skies start Wednesday for the rest of the week.

Nasty. Wouldn't want to be him in 7 to 10 days once incubation has started.

Was near Trabuco Creek watching heli's fly over. Swift Water Rescue team was up there as well so someone may have been floating downstream (unwillingly...) yesterday.

Also stopped at the Trabuco General Store, a hangout for locals in the morning. Some of the patrons yesterday were talking about perhaps panning for gold now that water has rushed down the hills. I've seen a YT video where a very small amount of gold was pulled from one of the creeks so I know there is some up there. Curious if anyone is going to try panning later this week. It's not a fortune to be made, but something interesting to do.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Nasty. Wouldn't want to be him in 7 to 10 days once incubation has started.

Was near Trabuco Creek watching heli's fly over. Swift Water Rescue team was up there as well so someone may have been floating downstream (unwillingly...) yesterday.

Also stopped at the Trabuco General Store, a hangout for locals in the morning. Some of the patrons yesterday were talking about perhaps panning for gold now that water has rushed down the hills. I've seen a YT video where a very small amount of gold was pulled from one of the creeks so I know there is some up there. Curious if anyone is going to try panning later this week. It's not a fortune to be made, but something interesting to do.

My .02c

Aren't people who have claims on these creeks rather protective about them?

Resurrecting this older topic, as I've just spent the last 2 hours clearing drains and downspouts for next weeks expected deluge. Hope everyone is getting ready. Sounds like 1-2 inches per day for the next 3 - 4 days. YOWZA.

My .02c

Back