Author Topic: Anyone have any suggestions for a water softener and reverse osmosis?  (Read 13579 times)

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 25
  • -Received: 54
Re: Anyone have any suggestions for a water softener and reverse osmosis?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2021, 12:37:22 AM »
Irvine Pacific is currently using Falsken Water System products for whole house water conditioner, water softener, and undersink RO system.

https://falskenwatersystems.com/

Anyone have experience with them?

You mean that's part of their upgrade options?

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 659
  • -Received: 215
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2021, 09:28:37 AM »
Irvine Pacific is currently using Falsken Water System products for whole house water conditioner, water softener, and undersink RO system.

I've only had the Heater Treater (https://falskenwatersystems.com/heater-treater/) from them and that worked fine for when I didn't have softened water.

Offline box

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2021, 10:47:39 AM »

Yes, as part of their upgrade options.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »

I'm planning to buy either Bluffs or Highland, so this would be useful information for me too.

I'm currently using EcoWater Systems. I only experience one issue with the water softener, after about 10 years of use. Didn't have any problems with RO. The other thing is that EcoWater is one of the vendors found at Costco and my wife likes to use the ones at Costco. We were planning to do that again once we've moved in.

But this upgrade options is an interesting choice.

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2021, 11:39:16 AM »

we used Mccowin Water. They have great customer service.

I'm planning to buy either Bluffs or Highland, so this would be useful information for me too.

I'm currently using EcoWater Systems. I only experience one issue with the water softener, after about 10 years of use. Didn't have any problems with RO. The other thing is that EcoWater is one of the vendors found at Costco and my wife likes to use the ones at Costco. We were planning to do that again once we've moved in.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2021, 12:32:53 PM »

How much is the upgrade?  I think that would determine it for me. 

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 104
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2021, 12:55:06 PM »

I have the Falsken Water Conditioner and Softener. It seems like it works fine - haven't had any issues. I should test my water soon. I do notice that there isn't as much pink/mildew in our showers and sinks with a conditioner and softener.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »

I have the Falsken Water Conditioner and Softener. It seems like it works fine - haven't had any issues. I should test my water soon. I do notice that there isn't as much pink/mildew in our showers and sinks with a conditioner and softener.

Why do you need a conditioner and a softener, I've always read conditioners don't do anything, just use a softener, wondering why you have both. 

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2021, 01:48:18 PM »

Why do you need a conditioner and a softener, I've always read conditioners don't do anything, just use a softener, wondering why you have both.

According to the Falsken website, the conditioner is more for the taste. It has nothing to do with softening the water. But if you get a RO, do you still need the conditioner?

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 104
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2021, 03:47:17 PM »

According to the Falsken website, the conditioner is more for the taste. It has nothing to do with softening the water. But if you get a RO, do you still need the conditioner?

I bought my house from the original owner. They opted for the water conditioner from Irvine Pacific. When we moved into the house we found that the conditioner was OK but we needed the softener for the water spots. The water goes through the conditioner and the softener before coming into the house. The water people suggested it's very close to drinking water. I have yet to test it myself though.

Offline hurijo

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 23
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »
From what I understand, the thing conditioners do that softeners don't do is remove some chemicals, namely chlorine, chloramines, and lead. RO should remove those things for drinking water, but whether you're concerned about those things like during bath/shower is why you would get both.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 386
  • -Received: 344
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2021, 04:36:33 PM »
I heard the contrary that you do want chlorine inside your pipes and only install RO and chlorine at the end points.

From what I understand, the thing conditioners do that softeners don't do is remove some chemicals, namely chlorine, chloramines, and lead. RO should remove those things for drinking water, but whether you're concerned about those things like during bath/shower is why you would get both.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2021, 04:43:58 PM »
I heard the contrary that you do want chlorine inside your pipes and only install RO and chlorine at the end points.

Considering chlorine is used to eliminate slime bacteria, molds, and algae in water pipes, I would say what you heard is correct.

"Shock chlorinating water lines is one of the most popular methods for sanitizing pipelines. Chlorine’s powerful germicidal action eliminates slime bacteria, molds, and algae in water pipes."

Offline box

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2021, 05:36:16 PM »
I was told by Falsken that if you have both the conditioner and the water softener, the water conditioner goes BEFORE the water softener.

And by having the water conditioner in place, it actually extends the life of the water softener.

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2021, 06:00:13 PM »
I was told by Falsken that if you have both the conditioner and the water softener, the water conditioner goes BEFORE the water softener.

And by having the water conditioner in place, it actually extends the life of the water softener.

I think it's true that it would extend the life of the water softener since chlorine causes corrosion. And it's probably also better for your skin when you shower. The only thing I'm not sure about it Falsken's claim is about the water conditioner:

Inhibits the Growth of Bacteria, Fungi, Algae and Mold

Are they saying that after going through the water conditioner, the water is so clean that when it flows through the pipes, it prevents bacteria, fungi, algae and mold from growing?

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: CDC Changes Language on Boosters by hpjet
[Yesterday at 10:14:29 PM]

Re: CDC Changes Language on Boosters by qwerty
[Yesterday at 08:23:29 PM]

Re: CDC Changes Language on Boosters by akula1488
[Yesterday at 07:57:54 PM]