New home inspection

Smart move. We did it for our last new construction home and we'll do it again. How much did he charge?

Can you PM me with the details too? Did you do the inspection after the walkthrough but before closing?

SunKing said:
Can you PM me with the details too? Did you do the inspection after the walkthrough but before closing?

Just PMd you!  Yes, we did the inspection after the builder walkthrough and before closing.

I always recommend that my new home buyers use Steve to do their new home inspection.  One of the best inspectors out there.

anyone have examples of what these guys are finding?  is it superficial stuff and how does the builder respond to such reports? 

Since I have been getting a ton of PMs regarding contact info, let me provide it here:  Bilt-Rite Inspection (you can find them on yelp as well) at 714-777-9111.  Good luck to everyone!

PSForever said:
Since I have been getting a ton of PMs regarding contact info, let me provide it here:  Bilt-Rite Inspection (you can find them on yelp as well) at 714-777-9111.  Good luck to everyone!

Cool. What was the biggest issue with the house?

One thing I'll warn you guys on with Steve, he is beyond thorough so don't expect the inspection to go by quick.  On a few of my new home buyers' homes he spent 2-3 hours on the inspection. 

When do you typically schedule this inspection?
After the framing and again at closing OR only during closing ?

I wasted $350 on getting my newly built condo inspected and the inspector was lazy - standard report - didn't have the guts to walk into the attic & did just a superficial check up - I should have just listened to the sales agent lady who said that it's all spanking new & city of Irvine in itself imposes over 80  things to check in terms of quality & restrictions and the city inspector will never pass something unless everything on his checklist is good.

But then considering $350 as bare dimes when it comes to a major 550k on my end : I did it - but I guess it's a gamble

Hi could you pm me the quote and the details of the inspections? Does Steve @ Bilt Rite also perform mold inspections for additional cost? One of the homes I'm looking at has water damage in the ceiling from a toilet o-ring leak and possibly a water line leak.

PSForever said:
Msuum, Irvine6 and Ocvillager,

I just sent you guys the pm!

Back