Delano at Eastwood

lnc

residence-delano-california-brookfield-residential-900x600.jpg

1533 - 1918 SF, price from the $700k - $800k
http://brookfieldsocal.com/neighborhood/delano-eastwood-village/

This is located next to Petaluma and Marin extension in Lot 8.  There will be 69 unit in the Lot 8 and 60 more units at extension site in Lot 9 (also with Petaluma III and Marin III extensions)

Its a triplex attached condo but the design is quite interesting.  Instead of 3 unit line up in a row next to each other, the plan 1 is located on second floor above 3 two-car-garages and only it's entrance is located on bottom floor in-between two other units.  You can see the attached floor plan below. 

Attachments

• Delano Floorplan.jpg
    Delano Floorplan.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 2,718
Heads up to everyone interested in this - it's very similar to the Treo layout in Woodbury I lived in for 5 years, also built by Brookfield.  I was at first worried about the garage noise with the unit above all 3 garages but the builder actually installs ultra quiet openers and the garage noise is not an issue.

However, what I didn't realize until after I bought the place is that living above 3 garages is HOT HOT HOT in the summer months.  You think your current 2nd story is hot... Wait until you live a day above garages that are 115F and not cooled.  That living area is miserable and on hot days I could set the AC to 80 and it would run all day (never got cool enough to turn itself off).  Then there's the $400 per mo AC bill that you had to pay just to keep your condo to a cool 80 degrees.  Enjoy ;)

aquabliss said:
Heads up to everyone interested in this - it's very similar to the Treo layout in Woodbury I lived in for 5 years, also built by Brookfield.  I was at first worried about the garage noise with the unit above all 3 garages but the builder actually installs ultra quiet openers and the garage noise is not an issue.

However, what I didn't realize until after I bought the place is that living above 3 garages is HOT HOT HOT in the summer months.  You think your current 2nd story is hot... Wait until you live a day above garages that are 115F and not cooled.  That living area is miserable and on hot days I could set the AC to 80 and it would run all day (never got cool enough to turn itself off).  Then there's the $400 per mo AC bill that you had to pay just to keep your condo to a cool 80 degrees.  Enjoy ;)

Solution: consider buying or leasing solar panels

aquabliss said:

Hmm good to know.. I wonder if that's an issue for the "Plan 1" for Primrose at Beacon Park too.. which has a similar setup where the home is in the back and above the other garages.
http://www.drhorton.com/California/Orange-County/Irvine/Primrose-at-Beacon-Park/Residence-1657

I would never want to live above garages for various reasons, one of them being the heat (as well as cold), as previously mentioned.

Regarding to the heat issue, I think it probably had more to do with being practically a single story unit located on the 2nd floor. 

The plan 1 is basically a single story unit located on the second floor which makes it hotter than multiple story units.

If I'm getting the plan 1, I would try to get a unit that is not south or south-west facing and hopefully avoiding the sun exposure can alleviate some of the heat issue.

Otherwise, just pay more and get the plan 2 or plan 3.

lnc said:
Regarding to the heat issue, I think it probably had more to do with being practically a single story unit located on the 2nd floor. 

The plan 1 is basically a single story unit located on the second floor which makes it hotter than multiple story units.

Hey Inc, Captain Obvious called - he wants his cape back ;)

aquabliss said:
lnc said:

Inc - are you going to take this shit from a white guy? im losing respect for you inc :)

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:
lnc said:

Inc - are you going to take this shit from a white guy? im losing respect for you inc :)

Ok, that it!  I'm deleting all my posts.  >:D

lnc said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:
lnc said:

Ok, that it!  I'm deleting all my posts.  >:D

Is deleting thread a TI specialty in rage quitting?

Looks like Primrose @ Beacon Park or Lanterns @ Parasol Park but with better space planning and privacy. And better elevations IMO. I imagine the $700-800k will compete at those price points after adjusting for MR.

Back