Recommendations for movers

kayochan

Anyone have a recommendation for a moving company?  Looked up yelp, but it is hard to tell which ones are good.

IrvineNinja said:
Anyone have a recommendation for a moving company?  Looked up yelp, but it is hard to tell which ones are good.

So do you want me to go to  search yelp and read the comments? Then I can call them to get a quote and then give you an analysis?  ;)

I used to do DIY.  I recommend using movers. However all the valuables I move myself.

(I don't remember who I used)

I use this Vietnamese guy. He is good and legit.

Chin (714) 497-6225

He will come over and do an estimate. It includes all the material to wrap and pad as well.

All the other fools I called on yelp were like ugh can't give you a firm price cuz it depends on materials yada yada yada.

Give Costa Mesa Moving a call.  Used them last time, couldn't be happier. 

They are "real" movers w/ experience, not students part timing as movers.

I've used Nelson Moving (North American Movers) in Lake Forest for two moves including long term storage. Both times they were great and had no issues. I would definitely use them again.

I used Costa Mesa Moving for my last two moves and were really happy with them.  Super careful and fast.  Not the cheapest but the quality is definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Reviving this thread..

Anyone have any recent recommendations for movers?
Has anyone used those Pods to store stuff temporarily? How did it go? Was it expensive? Worth it?

A lot of Yelp reviews get positive comments.  But I?ve personally had hit or miss experience.  Would like to know movers who are very careful with wrapping and disassembling and reassembling furniture and not losing any parts.  The small stuff I can move myself but the furniture need extra care.

Are you doing a local move or long distance? A little over a year ago I used Family Affair Moving for a local move. Was pretty satisfied. There were a few minor dings along the way, but I was very impressed with the way they handled it. You can see my Yelp review on 1/6/2020 for more detail. In the end, they offered many options how I wanted to deal with it (they can send someone to fix it, I can fix it then invoice them, or settle cash). To my surprise, the manager on the phone offered me $150 (w/o even asking me how much I wanted) discount off the bill, which was more than I was even going to ask for, so I went with that.

Have you had experience moving recently? If I can offer any advice, it would be to anticipate it taking longer than you think it will take. I went with 3 crew members, but if I could go back I would've gone for 4. This was for a 1300sqft 3bdrm place. Think total time was 6 hours.

Back