Despite growing Asian population, Irvine City Council is now all white

WTTCHMN

Despite growing Asian population, Irvine City Council is now all white

If Asians take over the majority on the Irvine City Council, racial tension could surface, Lai said. White residents may feel left out and question whether the council represents their needs, he said.

?I do think Irvine will go through some tipping point,? Lai said. ?Getting one or two (Asian council members) is great, but when they become the majority, that?s when it becomes more tense. We saw that in Cupertino, in Monterey Park, but they got over it.?
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/asian-737839-irvine-council.html

I would like to quote Trump: Drain the Swamp

But then again, seems to me Asians are not big in politics and tend not to vote. (Just an observation, so don't quote me I can be wrong)

(Any thoughts jizz)

I wish we could all just let go of these racial identity politics.

The best way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to...stop discriminating on the basis of race, as John Roberts once said.

You have to look separately at Asian American voting patterns from Asian immigrant voting patterns.

"Irvine is where Cupertino was 15 years ago" Lai said

This quote is interesting as Johns Creek is 15 years behind Irvine in its demographics and will also become the first Asian majority city in the state of georgia sometime between 2026 - 2030. To even think there would be an Asian city council member in the state of Georgia or even an Asian Johns Creek mayor would simply be unheard of today.  With Kang and Choi precedence in irvine,  I going to predict the first Asian mayor of Georgia will emerge in about 10 years.

Panda said:

This quote is interesting as Johns Creek is 15 years behind Irvine in its demographics and will also become the first Asian majority city in the state of georgia sometime between 2026 - 2030. To even think there would be an Asian city council member in the state of Georgia or even an Asian Johns Creek mayor would simply be unheard of today.  With Kang and Choi precedence in irvine,  I going to predict the first Asian mayor of Georgia will emerge in about 10 years.

quick google search ...

Hang Tran - Council member in the city of Morrow, GA

Sam Park - GA State Legislator

Opps. I guess I was wrong. 

peppy said:
Panda said:

quick google search ...

Hang Tran - Council member in the city of Morrow, GA

Sam Park - GA State Legislator

Back