where do people get their christmas tree

I have a fake tree. Saves time from choosing it, driving it home, and throwing it away.

The best reason saves money.

I bought a fake tree on Dec 30 2015.  I just put it 2 weeks ago.  Looks great.

Used to buy from Johnson Brothers (near IVC)--nice trees but $$$. Now we got to Home Depot. No complaints from the family.

iacrenter said:
Used to buy from Johnson Brothers (near IVC)--nice trees but $$$. Now we got to Home Depot. No complaints from the family.

how much more than say HD or Lowes? I was recently wondering about their markup but didn't have time to drop by.

peppy said:
iacrenter said:

how much more than say HD or Lowes? I was recently wondering about their markup but didn't have time to drop by.

Johnson Brothers are ~30-40% more than HD.

I want a natural tree this year. I miss the scent of a real tree. The Home Depot I checked only has short, wimpy trees. Boooo. What a disappointment. Now, I have to hunt for a tree farm somewhere. Ugh.

Mmmm. I forgot how good a real tree smells. Just brought one home. Got it at Home Depot. They have about 4 different types of trees (Noble Fir, Nordmann Fir, Douglas Fir, etc.). They have 5-10'. Prices range from $50 to $130-something. The Noble and Nordmann both have longer-lasting needles. We went with a Nordmann Fir.

In my neck of the woods our Costco is selling Noble firs, 7-8' tall, for $29.99.  No delivery service, but you can't find that kind of deal on a noble fir anywhere else.  It may have been some kind of mistake, as it was much cheaper than last year, and the sign out front said 5-7', despite the actual size. 

daedalus said:
In my neck of the woods our Costco is selling Noble firs, 7-8' tall, for $29.99.  No delivery service, but you can't find that kind of deal on a noble fir anywhere else.  It may have been some kind of mistake, as it was much cheaper than last year, and the sign out front said 5-7', despite the actual size.

I assume saving money is not an option. I don't know.

Back