Thuan Kieu Noodle & Grill

iacrenter said:
I think business dropped off after the closure in November 2015 due to roaches:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1956.msg278219.html#msg278219

Well to be fair, roaches are everywhere.  The food court at The Marketplace (Class 302, etc.) is totally infested.  Every other week, one of the restaurants there is cited, most recently Thai Spice.  Fresh Brothers will be next!

Capital Seafood was suspended today too.

http://www.decadeonline.com/results.phtml?agency=occ&violsortfield=TB_CORE_INSPECTION_VIOL.ENTERED_BY&violsortorder=DESC&forceresults=0&forcefac=0&offset=0&businessstreet=&city=&zip=&facilityid=&soundslike=&sort=PROGRAM

Food was awesome and prices were similar to their Westminster locations.  Their closure had to do with Irvine Company's requirement that they completely renovate their restaurant (keep in mind TK only opened a few years ago!).  IC apparently wanted this plaza to have a more upscale feel to it.  They already did a lot of outside enhancements and wanted their tenants to follow suit.  They couldn't reach an agreement so IC did not renew their lease. 

Another one of my goto spots gone! :( FU IC

woodburyowner said:
Food was awesome and prices were similar to their Westminster locations.  Their closure had to do with Irvine Company's requirement that they completely renovate their restaurant (keep in mind TK only opened a few years ago!).  IC apparently wanted this plaza to have a more upscale feel to it.  They already did a lot of outside enhancements and wanted their tenants to follow suit.  They couldn't reach an agreement so IC did not renew their lease. 

Another one of my goto spots gone! :( FU IC

So what are they planning to do with roundtable?  the interior of that place is a dump.

Sat on the throne for two days non-stop after eating here once, never went back.  Yes, roaches are everywhere, but seems like the ones here are especially dirty!

gaogi said:
Sat on the throne for two days non-stop after eating here once, never went back.  Yes, roaches are everywhere, but seems like the ones here are especially dirty!

That's a bonus.  Hipsters pay big bucks for that sort of colon cleansing.

New location opened up in Lake Forest.  It's a smaller "express" restaurant, but same owners.  Prices are a little higher than Westminster.

woodburyowner said:
New location opened up in Lake Forest.  It's a smaller "express" restaurant, but same owners.  Prices are a little higher than Westminster.

Better go before the roaches descend!

I don?t know why that bot bumped the thread but I have to say TK food is pretty bomb.  Their spring rolls are the closest to Boudards that you?ll find in south OC, their rice is freakin crack and their egg rolls are probably the best I?ve ever had. 

I?ve been to the new Express location in LF 3 or 4 times already, the food is great and the place feels very clean.  Would suggest any TI members give it a try if you haven?t done so.

Get the Daily special for lunch / $7.99 and most likely you won?t need dinner, portions are very generous.

Back