Prop 67 WTF!

Well at least they give you five cents off each time you bring a bag. Lol

But i was at spectrum for dinner then headed over to target. I mean hiw many times will i bring a bag to dinner first.

Albertsons .15 for plastic (sturdier bag and reusable) and .10 for paper.  Still no charge at TJs, though it may change soon from what I overheard.  Wonder what R99 is charging.

Yes, you can legally have up to 1 oz of the Devils Lettuce, but if you use a plastic bag to store it in, you're considered worse than cancer to the environment. Up is the new down.

I might buy my own box of 900 bags to keep in my car for shopping. Only ~ $0.02 a bag.
https://www.amazon.com/Inteplast-Group-THW1VAL-Thickness-Thank/dp/B004MDM6LC/?th=1

51fieDi8vCL.AA500_PIbundle-900,TopRight,0,0_AA500_SH20_.jpg

I went to Albertsons and there were no plastic bags in the self check out.  Had to wait for some of the checkers come off to offer me a bag for .10.  Yeah, so freaking annoying.

Those plastic bags at Ralph's are high quality!  I almost didn't mind paying the .10c

They put a gallon of milk and a half gallon of OJ in the same bag, didn't need to double bag it and it was solid. 

I never knew what I was missing all this time.

aquabliss said:
Those plastic bags at Ralph's are high quality!  I almost didn't mind paying the .10c

They put a gallon of milk and a half gallon of OJ in the same bag, didn't need to double bag it and it was solid. 

I never knew what I was missing all this time.

Yes those bags are quite luxurious!  Would it be wrong to head straight to the registers and buy bags, with no actual grocery purchases?

Yeah, I like those 10 cent (dime?) bags at Ralphs.

I'll just keep buying them until I remember to keep them in the IHOmobile.

This is an attack on my lifestyle...what's next?  Surcharge on salsa bar on taco tuesdays?  $0.25 charge for extra napkins? 

And now my trunk is preloaded with old bags, like some vagrant just slept in it...

Thanks a lot voters

eyephone said:
ps9 said:
This is an attack on my lifestyle...what's next?  Surcharge on salsa bar on taco tuesdays?  $0.25 charge for extra napkins? 

And now my trunk is preloaded with old bags, like some vagrant just slept in it...

Thanks a lot voters

I'll tell you what's next, a 9.4% tax on Netflix, Hulu, HBO streamers if you live in Pasadena.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-agenda-netflix-tax-20161003-snap-story.html

This is crazy. This shouldn't happen although the article points out that Chicago and Pennsylvania already do it.

It's even worse, for Chicago it's a "cloud" tax, so any type of streaming service you use, get's taxed. And for PA, it's a "download" tax, so not only the streaming services get taxed, but also any apps you download.

Insane... need to sic Trump on them!!

What's to stop a city to tax any app you have on your phone or computer

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
ps9 said:

Thanks a lot voters

I'll tell you what's next, a 9.4% tax on Netflix, Hulu, HBO streamers if you live in Pasadena.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-agenda-netflix-tax-20161003-snap-story.html

This is crazy. This shouldn't happen although the article points out that Chicago and Pennsylvania already do it.

It's even worse, for Chicago it's a "cloud" tax, so any type of streaming service you use, get's taxed. And for PA, it's a "download" tax, so not only the streaming services get taxed, but also any apps you download.

Insane... need to sic Trump on them!!

What's to stop a city to tax any app you have on your phone or computer

#DoubleTaxation

(Since we already pay tax on our internet at home.)

I supported this, people are too irresponsible and dump plastic bags everywhere, they're floating on the freeway, they're floating on your neighborhood common property, they're floating near the beach and the parks.  Gross.

irvineshadow said:
I supported this, people are too irresponsible and dump plastic bags everywhere, they're floating on the freeway, they're floating on your neighborhood common property, they're floating near the beach and the parks.  Gross.

Agreed.  Plastics, being something that can never be biodegradable, is something that needs to go away.  I've down multiple beach clean ups and it's really sad to see how much plastic there is and the impact it has on the marine life.  The only reason I still use plastic bags is for the trashcans for the bathroom so I probably will need to continue using plastics until there is a better alternative for that

SoclosetoIrvine said:
irvineshadow said:

Agreed.  Plastics, being something that can never be biodegradable, is something that needs to go away.  I've down multiple beach clean ups and it's really sad to see how much plastic there is and the impact it has on the marine life.  The only reason I still use plastic bags is for the trashcans for the bathroom so I probably will need to continue using plastics until there is a better alternative for that

You mean like a soap and sponge.

Live your dream.

Back