Dodgers Postseason

irvinehomeowner

Anyone catch Game 5 last night?

I don't really like baseball because of the lack of action but it was pretty interesting to see the chess match with the pitchers.

Kershaw coming in to close was a storybook ending.

Now they just need to make it past the Cubs who have their own story.

irvinehomeowner said:

I don't really like baseball because of the lack of action but it was pretty interesting to see the chess match with the pitchers.

Nail biter

I feel like Kershaw might be out of gas now. Cubs are tough.

jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Nail biter

I feel like Kershaw might be out of gas now. Cubs are tough.

i think he threw 7 pitches

i normally dont watch any baseball but will monitor playoff scores to see if i should watch the last couple innings of a game. they were up 4 to 1 and thought the game was over, got in the car to get my wife some food and it was 4-3, so i listened to it in the car and saw the 8th and 9th innings. very good ending.

Cubs vs LA should be a good series.

Hoping for Cubs / Indians WS. Given both teams luck, I'm half expecting the 1st game, all tied at 0-0 to the 9th inning, then called due to rain/snow/brimstone/meteor strike or Kaiju attack

ps9 said:
Is there red zone for baseball?  Don't have 4 hours
Red Zone for baseball would still be an hour.

:)

Like qwertakeout, I just flipped back and forth between preseason basketball and the game and then watched it from the bottom of the 7th to the end.

It's really hard to watch baseball... so glad it did not go to extra innings.

Brought two dozen donuts to the office this morning to celebrate and played "I love LA" the whole way here!  ;D

Gotta celebrate now, 'cause might not win more than a game or two vs Cubbies. They're that good, and our pitchers are burned.

Unfortunately, subpar postseason performance has become Kershaw's norm. Advanced metrics prove his postseason performance is really good; but he's been the best regular season pitcher by miles for years, and just cannot sustain that in the postseason.

Not disappointed the Cubs beat the Dodgers - the Cubs are by far the best team in baseball. I am disappointed how poorly the Dodgers played in the last three games and especially tonight. What sucks for Dodger fans, is these Cubs aren't going anywhere. They are locked and loaded for a multiple year run.

Cubs are a fun, entertaining team to watch. I hope they beat Cleveland, I don't think I want to hear their fans whine all offseason otherwise.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Cubs vs LA should be a good series.

Hoping for Cubs / Indians WS. Given both teams luck, I'm half expecting the 1st game, all tied at 0-0 to the 9th inning, then called due to rain/snow/brimstone/meteor strike or Kaiju
attack

Well... 6/6 10th and rain. I was close... Still hoping for a Level 5 Kaiju to appear...

Man... MLB couldn't have scripted this better.

Game 7, bottom of 10th inning, 1 run lead... 2 strikes and a chance to win... but Cubs hold on with an infield play to 1st.

But baseball overall still bores me. :)

Back