NFL

eyephone said:
Rams beats the Seahawks 9-3.

I'm confused.  Is this the whole post and reason to start a brand new thread?  Please explain.  If I cared about the Rams, Seahawks or the NFL in general, I probably already know about the result of this game.  ???

eyephone said:
Charges moving to LA. They will play at the Stubhub center for two years.

You've done it again eyephone.  Is that the totality of your comment?  Or did you accidentally hit "Return" before finishing out your comment?  Do you have any thoughts on the move to LA?  Or the fact that they'll be playing in a 30,000 capacity stadium?  Or that most of LA doesn't care about the SD SuperChargers?

Most of OC doesn't care either.

At the current pace of sports team relocations we may soon see the Los Angeles Padres of San Juan Capistrano as well.

My .02c

SGIP - who is deficient in any local pro sports loyalty or knowledge. Go Cubs!

FYI - a little late, but if you are a cord cutter like myself. You can watch the Super Bowl for free by going to iTunes and downloading the fox sports go app.

AW said:
eyephone said:
What an Amazing game Patriots win. Btw - Trump rooted for the Patriots. Trump predicted Patriots will win by 8. (Patriots won by 6)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...s-patriots-will-beat-falcons-by-eight-points/

Tom Brady = GOAT (5th Super Bowl win)

Definitely GOAT, didn't play first 4 games, lost gronk along the way, down by 21 to come back and win in OT

Down by 25 actually.  I knew as soon as they got the ball back on the last possession in the 4th quarter that they'd tie it up and win in OT.  Horrible play calling by Atlanta in the 4th quarter.

What I found interesting was they didn't review that OT touchdown... it's like they were rushing to end the game.

I didn't re-watch it but it looked close enough that his knees were down before the football crossed the line.

Edit: Not the 2-pt conversion.

irvinehomeowner said:
What I found interesting was they didn't review that 2-pt conversion... it's like they were rushing to end the game.

I didn't re-watch it but it looked close enough that his knees were down before the football crossed the line.

All scoring plays are reviewed. They did not need extra time to review. Wasn't a huge call as the Pats would have gotten another shot due to Freeney jumping offsides.

paperboyNC said:
irvinehomeowner said:
What I found interesting was they didn't review that 2-pt conversion... it's like they were rushing to end the game.

All scoring plays are reviewed. They did not need extra time to review. Wasn't a huge call as the Pats would have gotten another shot due to Freeney jumping offsides.

Sorry... not the 2-pt conversion... the James White touchdown in overtime.

Were there no Clydesdale horses this year? I don't remember any standouts although there seemed to be a lot of politically bent ones.

USCTrojanCPA said:
AW said:
eyephone said:
What an Amazing game Patriots win. Btw - Trump rooted for the Patriots. Trump predicted Patriots will win by 8. (Patriots won by 6)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...s-patriots-will-beat-falcons-by-eight-points/

Tom Brady = GOAT (5th Super Bowl win)

Definitely GOAT, didn't play first 4 games, lost gronk along the way, down by 21 to come back and win in OT

Down by 25 actually.  I knew as soon as they got the ball back on the last possession in the 4th quarter that they'd tie it up and win in OT.  Horrible play calling by Atlanta in the 4th quarter.
yeah, was fixated by the early blowout score, never led for the entire game until they won it.

what do people do on football pools where the payouts are by quarters, OT screwed it up, haha

Back