Top Gear Holiday

roundcorners

As many of you know, I literally have not gone anywhere this year. No vacation, no road trips; really haven't been to the airport, train station or outside LA/OC/Riverside County. What ever we do, where ever we go on the weekend, we have to be back by 5pm for bath time.

One of my favorite, if not my favorite TV shows is BBC's Top Gear. It's been especially great this particular year, stuck in the house. The show really took on a greater dimension. In some strange level, the show has somewhat satisfy the desire to jet set around the globe visiting interesting far off places. I have lived vicariously, more than ever in the epic adventures shared on the show.

For those of you who don't know the show; it is a car show. It features three presenters and they talk about everything automobile. They feature every week, the latest, fastest and coolest cars on the planet. It's a show any 10 to 80 year old boy can relate to.

Some of my favorite episodes are the epic races. The truly grand races across Africa, North Pole, Vietnam, USA, Japan and various European destinations just to name a few. Being a car show, I love the point view from the road. Unlike many travel shows it gives you an unique perspective as if you're traveling right along side in the passenger seat. Experiencing the various difficulties a regular traveler would.

I love how ordinarily and normal the three presenters are. Again the show makes the average, boring, mundane dad; house wife and guy feel as they are part of their splendid adventure. I might not have ever been to Europe, Great Britain but I can certainly get a great feel for how the streets of London are. With each episode; I am taking my virtual vacation.

If you love the show, chime in on what you like about it? share your favorite clips and I'll share mine? it's going to be a long weekend...!

I love top Gear!! The Vietnam trip was great...especially their Tailor made Suits...

The Show is on several times a week on BBC America...

Also, HD Theater have some great Car Shows, some from the UK....

[quote author="peteruk"]I love top Gear!! The Vietnam trip was great...especially their Tailor made Suits...

Also, HD Theater have some great Car Shows, some from the UK....[/quote]

I was hoping you would respond... so does the show make you home sick? Would you agree with the virtual vacation comment?

[flash=350,287:247mzm3q]http://www.youtube.com/v/okXJ25FmeNM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:247mzm3q]

Here Peter, this is for you... guess who wins? I love this clip of London, because it's like a guided tour...

[quote author="roundcorners"]
One of my favorite, if not my favorite TV shows is BBC's Top Gear. It's been especially great this particular year, stuck in the house. The show really took on a greater dimension. In some strange level, the show has somewhat satisfy the desire to jet set around the globe visiting interesting far off places. I have lived vicariously, more than ever in the epic adventures shared on the show.

If you love the show, chime in on what you like about it? share your favorite clips and I'll share mine? it's going to be a long weekend...![/quote]

Great show. Last one I saw was a road trip from Cali to Boneville in 3 American muscle cars--CTS-V, Corvette ZR1, and Camaro? I enjoyed how he tried talking his way out of a ticket in Las Vegas--he was being a smart a$$.

I'll have to checkout more episodes on youtube.

[quote author="IACRenter"]

If you love the show, chime in on what you like about it? share your favorite clips and I'll share mine? it's going to be a long weekend...![/quote]

Great show. Last one I saw was a road trip from Cali to Boneville in 3 American muscle cars--CTS-V, Corvette ZR1, and Camaro? I enjoyed how he tried talking his way out of a ticket in Las Vegas--he was being a smart a$$.

I'll have to checkout more episodes on youtube.[/quote]

right... those three blokes are absolutely fantastic... I love it when they come to the states... and make fun of American rubbish... cars... that's why I never owned domestic... always European or Japanese imports... a proper vehicle, I would pay plenty of quids for... haha..

how did I do Peter?

roundcorners jived..
[/quote]
right... those three blokes are absolutely fantastic... I love it when they come to the states... and make fun of American rubbish... cars... that's why I never owned domestic... always European or Japanese imports... a proper vehicle, I would pay plenty of quids for... haha..

how did I do Peter?[/quote]

You did GREAT!! Incidentally,you know Jeremy Clarkson, the tall, grumpy curly headed Bloke...His Mum invented Paddington Bear, so he comes from a wealthy Family..He took his driving test in a Bentley...

[quote author="peteruk"]I love top Gear!! The Vietnam trip was great...especially their Tailor made Suits...

Also, HD Theater have some great Car Shows, some from the UK....[/quote]

I was hoping you would respond... so does the show make you home sick? Would you agree with the virtual vacation comment?[/quote]

Yes, it does make me Homesick until I see the price of Cars over there, they pay in Pounds what we pay in Dollars...

I really like the Vietnam one... I have to find my favorite, where the 3 of them each drove some big, old cars around London, trying to find parking spaces, and getting hung up on tight corners because the cars were simply too big. Oh, and the caravan one, when they raced the European version of RV's...

Back