'Real Estate Wars' shoots rival agents at Newport Beach house

hello said:
I think the market has peaked...

Why would you think that? You have been saying this for over two years now and prices have kept rising albeit slowly, and I think slow is the best way to go IMHO.

Compressed-Village said:
hello said:

Why would you think that? You have been saying this for over two years now and prices have kept rising albeit slowly, and I think slow is the best way to go IMHO.

When you are shooting rival agents, things must be pretty desperate.

Compressed-Village said:
hello said:

Ive only been on this blog for one year...

Regardless, of how long you've been on this board. Your skepticism on the bull run on housing is well heard. You can just wait for a few more years, or several more years. Even a blind guy will pick the right card after several tries.

Buying a house has emotional ties and it not a house, its a home where you will raise your kids with fond memories for a long time. If you  buy it for investment and pure future appreciation bets is another thing.

I've given up on any real price reversals happening. Interest rates seem like they will stay between 3 to 4% for the next 20 years.

Compressed-Village said:
Regardless, of how long you've been on this board. Your skepticism on the bull run on housing is well heard. You can just wait for a few more years, or several more years. Even a blind guy will pick the right card after several tries.

Buying a house has emotional ties and it not a house, its a home where you will raise your kids with fond memories for a long time. If you  buy it for investment and pure future appreciation bets is another thing.

Got your panties in a bunch?  Man you care too much about what I say.  I do find it funny how you exaggerate how long Ive been on this blog to justify your post.  However yes, I am skeptical of this bull run.  Prices have risen very quickly and beyond what most people can afford so I believe it is very reasonable to have this opinion.  In my opinion rates are one of few things keeping this market afloat right now.

Sorry you dont agree with my views, but the last time I checked this is a housing blog, where thoughts and opinions on housing are freely exchanged.
If I was posting every single day about how housing was going to crash, I would understand why you may have written your post.  Feel free to peruse through my previous posts.  There is definitely a negative tone about housing, but not nearly to the degree to which you imply. 

BTW thank you so much for your "its not a house, its a home" talk...  I really needed that.

Posted by: qwerty
? on: Today at 07:27:12 PM ? Insert Quote
I've given up on any real price reversals happening. Interest rates seem like they will stay between 3 to 4% for the next 20 years.

I agree.

hello said:
However yes, I am skeptical of this bull run.  Prices have risen very quickly and beyond what most people can afford so I believe it is very reasonable to have this opinion.  In my opinion rates are one of few things keeping this market afloat right now.

Sorry to hear that you missed the boat.

Compressed-Village said:
hello said:
However yes, I am skeptical of this bull run.  Prices have risen very quickly and beyond what most people can afford so I believe it is very reasonable to have this opinion.  In my opinion rates are one of few things keeping this market afloat right now.

Sorry to hear that you missed the boat.

LOL... I said most. 

qwerty said:

The USA will cease to exist if we get past 5%...so yes we will never see it again..

Interest rates are low because investors think inflation will be low and the dollar strong.  German 10yr bunds are NEGATIVE right now so it's definitely possible US treasuries could go lower.  Prices have risen quickly because they dropped a lot from 2008 and because of low mortgage rates.  It's pretty much impossible to get qualified for a mortgage without passing underwriting.  Everyone buying a home now can afford the payments. 

qwerty said:

There's a lot of us feeling that way. 

Which scares the sh*t out of me.  Usually once every one starts climbing on the same side it goes in the hand basket.

Hopefully in this case it's towards Japan's zero rates for the next twenty years.

collected said:
Interest rates are low because investors think inflation will be low and the dollar strong.  German 10yr bunds are NEGATIVE right now so it's definitely possible US treasuries could go lower.  Prices have risen quickly because they dropped a lot from 2008 and because of low mortgage rates.  It's pretty much impossible to get qualified for a mortgage without passing underwriting.  Everyone buying a home now can afford the payments. 

That's the thing, today's buyers are real and much stronger than they were 10 years ago when you could get a loan if you could breathe and sign.  I know first hand how thorough underwriters are when it comes to approving loans in the past 5+ years (both personally and what I hear from my buyers).  I'm not saying that we can't get a price correction, but waiting for a big correction/foreclosure wave is pointless. 

collected said:

We will become Japan 2.0....slow growth with low interest rates.  Look at how our demographics are heading towards where Japan was 15 years ago (aka growing aging population with lower birth rates).  There are still debt excesses that are being worked through the system, they took decades to form and they'll take decades to unwind.  Also....as they say, the market can say irrational longer than most people can stay liquid.  The US 10-year bond rate will be below 1% at some point in the near future. 

Back