How do I make complaints about my gardener?

raymoner

In March I hired this gardener to maintain the yards at my rental house. After meeting him once, I have agreed to subscribe to his twice/mont yard maintenance service, and I have my bank send him checks regularly. However, after a few month I was notified that the gardener never come and do his work, while cashing all the checks that I sent him. I called to inquire when he would come as the trees need trimming immediately, and he consistently told me that he would come "this Friday." .But when I called to see if he had paid the visit, he would always tell me no, and that he would go next Friday, without providing me a reason.

Now that I have seen that he is just taking advantage of my trust, I have stopped the checks. However, I wonder where I can make my complaints and have him pay me back the money that he so shamelessly taken from me (more than 200 dollars). Is there an authority that I can complain to?

Help would be much appreciated. And recommendations for a good and trustworthy gardener serving Irvine would be great as well!

raymoner said:
In March I hired this gardener to maintain the yards at my rental house. After meeting him once, I have agreed to subscribe to his twice/mont yard maintenance service, and I have my bank send him checks regularly. However, after a few month I was notified that the gardener never come and do his work, while cashing all the checks that I sent him. I called to inquire when he would come as the trees need trimming immediately, and he consistently told me that he would come "this Friday." .But when I called to see if he had paid the visit, he would always tell me no, and that he would go next Friday, without providing me a reason.

Now that I have seen that he is just taking advantage of my trust, I have stopped the checks. However, I wonder where I can make my complaints and have him pay me back the money that he so shamelessly taken from me (more than 200 dollars). Is there an authority that I can complain to?

Help would be much appreciated. And recommendations for a good and trustworthy gardener serving Irvine would be great as well!

Call INS.

If the money or principle is that important, sue him in small claims court. Otherwise it may be easier to have him complete his obligated work and be done with him.

I imagine this gardener isn't reputable. One reason why it's recommend that you hire reputable workers or companies is that they will work hard to protect their good reputation.

Thanks.

Finally his team came to my rental house today, but since I was away I had my friend onsite to talk to them. They ended up telling me that they are gonna charge me extra if I want them to fix the problems that wouldn't have been problems in the first place if they had been coming to "maintain" my yards! It's so infuriating!

For any of you wondering, the gardener's name is Raymundo C., and phone number ended with 8102. If you are considering hiring him, I would strongly recommend against it.

Back