Experiencing a Life filled with Peace, Joy, and Happiness

panda

Emotionss.jpg

What are your emotional goals? You've probably been asked about your financial goals, your fitness goals, your spiritual goals, and maybe even your family goals. But have you ever been asked about your emotional goals? These should not be left to chance. You cannot afford to wing it when it comes to your emotional well-being. Feed your mind with joyful thoughts, and it will serve your well. Feed with your mind with negative thoughts and it will hold you back.

What are the emotions you want to experience more often and more intensely? Which ones do you want to experience less frequently or with less intensity? Use the following two lists, or emotional menu design I made for you guys to help you clarify your goals. I believe that joy and peace is our birth right. If you truly desire complete freedom, learn to take control of the only two things our creator gave us complete control over: our mind (thoughts) and our emotions (feelings).

The secret to living a joy filled life is living a life of gratitude.

I also have to add that one of the key ways to maintain positive emotions is to gain control of your mind through the power of meditation. If you start with just 5 mins every morning it's amazing how much of a difference you notice in how you manage the rest of your day.

happywoman.jpg

The secret to peace and happiness is to have a heart of gratitude and not to take anything in life for granted. Think of gratitude in three distinct ways. These ways will encourage you to actively practice gratitude and will cause your potential for joy to surge to an all-time high.

Gratitude is a feeling: It is a sense of joy and appreciation in response tp receiving a gift, whether that is a concrete object or an abstract gesture.

Gratitude is a capacity: IT is the learned skill of uncovering and creating meaning and value in everyday situations and relationships.

Gratitude is a choice: it is a conscious and deliberate decision to focus on life's blessings rather than its shortcomings. Life will always have shortcomings, and it will always have virtues. When you focus on your blessings, your life feels abundant. When you focus on what's missing, life feels incomplete. As you know by now, where you point the spotlight is purely a matter of choice.

I believe that gratitude is a powerful magnetic force that naturally draws joy filled people and occurrences into your life. Gratitude is not something you are born with. I've learned that gratitude can be learned and cultivated throughout our life time.

Some suggestions of having a heart of gratitude:

1. At night, count your blessings silently as you drift off to sleep.
2. Count your blessings as you lie in bed in morning after the alarm clock goes off.
3. Journal your blessings for three minutes immediately after waking up in the morning.
4. Make a list of what you expect to be thankful for ten years from now.
5. Before grace at mealtime, discuss specific things you are grateful for as a family.

Panda said:
image.jpg

The secret to peace and happiness is to have a heart of gratitude and not to take anything in life for granted. Think of gratitude in three distinct ways. These ways will encourage you to actively practice gratitude and will cause your potential for joy to surge to an all-time high.

Gratitude is a feeling: It is a sense of joy and appreciation in response tp receiving a gift, whether that is a concrete object or an abstract gesture.

Gratitude is a capacity: IT is the learned skill of uncovering and creating meaning and value in everyday situations and relationships.

Gratitude is a choice: it is a conscious and deliberate decision to focus on life's blessings rather than its shortcomings. Life will always have shortcomings, and it will always have virtues. When you focus on your blessings, your life feels abundant. When you focus on what's missing, life feels incomplete. As you know by now, where you point the spotlight is purely a matter of choice.

I believe that gratitude is a powerful magnetic force that naturally draws joy filled people and occurrences into your life. Gratitude is not something you are born with. I've learned that gratitude can be learned and cultivated throughout our life time.

2. Count your blessings as you lie in bed in morning after the alarm clock goes off.
3. Journal your blessings for three minutes immediately after waking up in the morning.
5. Before grace at mealtime, discuss specific things you are grateful for as a family.

I thought you would say: at the end of the night pray to God

that's right. here in SoCal we get easy access to beaches. Not in Johns Creek where you would be hundreds of miles away.

Panda said:
image.jpg

peace.jpg

I believe that living in fear, worry, and stress is more hazardous to your health than eating french fries at McDonalds.

What is it that you consistently fear? When are you faced with a threatening challenge, it's difficult to push ahead . But if you don't find a way to do so, your productivity can quickly shrink to zero, and your life can be put on a permanent hold. This is not something you want to happen to you. It?s not easy, but we need to make a choice to how to respond to fear:

1. Choosing not to allow fear and anxiety to control your life.
2. Choosing to guard your heart.
3. Choosing to focus your mind on what is truth in the midst of uncertain times.

Here are 25 of my favorite bible verses that have been an emotional cure for me whenever I experience a set back or failure in my life. I hope that these words will lift you up and encourage you as well as they have for me.

1.  ?So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.? Isaiah 41:10

2.  ?When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.? Psalm 56:3

3.  ?Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.? Philippians 4:6-7

4.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

5.  ?For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.? 2 Timothy 1:7

6.  ?There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.? 1 John 4:18

7.  ?When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.? Psalm 94:19

8.  ?An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.? Proverbs 12:25

9. ?Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.? Joshua 1:9

10. ?Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.? Matthew 6:34

11. ?Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?? Luke 12:22-26

17. ?The Lord is my light and my salvation?whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life?of whom shall I be afraid?? Psalm 27:1

18. ?Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.? Psalm 55:22

19. ?Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.? Deuteronomy 31:6

20. ?'For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.  Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you,' declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.? Isaiah 41:13-14

21. ?God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.? Psalm 46:1

22. ?The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  The Lord is with me; he is my helper.? Psalm 118:6-7

23. ?I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears.? Psalm 34:4

24. ?Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.? Deuteronomy 3:22

25. ?Then he placed his right hand on me and said: 'Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.'? Revelation 1:17

Panda, I don't know where to reply since the topics are kind of randomly scattered. I'm posting regarding the John Maxwell videos you shared in the thread called "Planning Your Next Vacation". It's also a bit related to this thread as well. Long story short, I decided to watch the videos and I took notes with regard to identifying your passions. I wasn't expecting much out of the videos, no offense. But they actually helped quite a bit. It helped narrow down a lot of thoughts I had been having for a very long time. (Much thought and much prayer over years. I'm just condensing it here for the sake of brevity.) It culminated in a specific list with seemingly unrelated things. Although, I didn't think it was likely or even possible to find a way to encompass all of the things on the list, I acted on it anyway. Lo and behold, I found something that is a perfect fit which happens to check ALL of the boxes. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how it turned out. Your post came at a great time for me. I thank the people on T.I. who make valuable, thoughtful contributions. Panda & a few others.  ;)

8XHpm50.jpg

The key to successful parenting is not found in complex theories, elaborate family rules, or convoluted formulas for behavior. It is based on your deepest feelings of love and affection for your child, and is demonstrated simply through empathy and understanding. Good parenting starts begins in your heart, and then continues on a moment - to -moment basis by engaging your children when feelings run high, when they are sad, angry, or scared. The heart of being there in a particular way when it really counts.

Back