Irvine Man, Lake Forest Woman Die in Motorcycle Crash

socal78

Can not sleep. I know the girl's family. They are from my church. Yesterday was hard. Everyone is obviously in shock from the accident.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/forest-720655-motorcycle-mckeown.html

LAKE FOREST ? Two people died early Sunday morning after flying off the motorcycle they were riding, police say.

The woman on the back died at the scene and the man driving died at a local hospital about 30 minutes later.

O*sc*ar O*c*hoa, 27, of Irvine and Ca*it*lin M*cK*e*own, 20, of Mission Viejo, were heading southbound on Muirlands Boulevard in Lake Forest when the motorcycle hit the curb near north of El Toro Road, said Lt. Jarrett Kurimay of the Orange County Sheriff?s Department. They both ejected.

It is unknown if the pair were wearing helmets or other safety gear, and it is also unknown whether alcohol or drugs were involved, Kurimay said.

As of 3 p.m., several people had posted about the deaths on Facebook.

One man, Abdul Malik, whose Facebook profile says is the owner of Lake Forest business Hookups Vapors, called said Ochoa was ?like a brother? and said Mckeown and he and just started talking again.

?I just saw you,? he wrote of McKeown. ?You always had a smile on your face, you could never frown and when you did I would just stare at you until you smiled and laughed.?

Sorry to hear SoCal. Life can be crazy and you never know what tomorrow brings. Because I deal with death often it is a raw reminder to always hold gratitude close to your heart. No one ever guarantees life until the age of 90 so enjoy the ride every day.
And on a side note, this is why I hate motorcycles. If there is an accident there is nothing to protect you from the harsh road - no airbags, no metal, nothing but a measly helmet. A few years back I lost a friend to a motorcycle accident, he was an amazing surgeon, had 4 little daughters and had such a bright future ahead of him all taken away because of that motorcycle. But he loved that motorcycle so you can say he was enjoying his passion when he was taken away and what's life without the experiences that bring us joy.

Back