Winter is Coming...

I've watched the show on HBO since it started, the season ends and I tell myself how much it sucked but will watch the following season in the hopes that it gets better. I think it's been like five years and the show still sucks and I'm idiot for thinking at some point this shit will get better.

Now Veep on the other hand is hilarious.

The first season drew me in big time and I've been sticking around but have felt disappointed over the last few seasons. I did enjoy the last episode though and they are quickly progressing the storyline this season. I do hope they tie things together and achieve a fulfilling ending (no simple feat).

It's been hard to match the quality of the first few seasons. I think straying from the source material has really hurt the overall writing because now you have storylines that go nowhere. Bravos, Dorne, even the siege of Riverrun ultimately had no purpose except to give Jamie something to do for a few episodes.

I couldn't understood the appeal, I tried to watch it a few times and just couldn't get into it. Even tried reading the first book.

Then during Season 2 or 3, the boss IHO started watching it and of course I had to give it a try again.

It finally stuck and Sunday is a must-see TV night for us. Still haven't read the books but I think it's pretty good for what it is. Only 10 eps per season is tough and Seasons 7 and 8 are rumored to only be a 6 and 7 ep run so that's even worse.

ZeroLot isn't active on TI anymore to push the Westeros agenda.

#HoDaDor

I'll be honest, the cinematography and production are quite good this year, some of the story is excellent.  I can't shake the concern though that we're about to veer off into a transparent PC girl power change the world meme.

Big splashy production values can't replace good story telling IMHO.

Like typical Hollywood, as production values have gone up, writing has gotten worse.

Re-watched the early seasons recently and lot of the CGI was mediocre. But the story was so much tighter. Now you have side stories that exist for no other reason than to show off a cool locale.

Still one of the better shows on TV though.

So anyone watching Season 7?

Warning.... this thread will probably be full of spoilers.

I thought the Grey Worm romance scene was gratuitous but that's GoT. Tyrese and Ludacris are probably slobbering over that scene.

Poor Theon.

Snakes were supposed to be really good... guess not.

**Spoilers**

Theon was in a no-win situation...he survived another day, rushing Euron would have gotten him and his sister killed. 

No one likes the snakes, think everyone cheered when they were getting killed.  My guess, Cersei is gonna kill the last daughter in front of her mom and have the Mountain just rip her limb from limb.

Ton of debate if Jon "bends the knee" and alludes to a marriage proposal - unites the North and South. 

Jon chokes LF where Ned choked him, and LF betrays Ned to and gets him killed.  Be so unexpected if this preludes to Jon's death (I don't think it would happen, but it'd be a huge twist)

Did Jon know LF betrayed Ned?

Marriage between Jon and Daenerys would be weird since they are like cousins (but I guess Jaime and Cersei beats that).

No I don't think he knows LF betrayed Ned, if he did he'd probably have killed him already.  Jon and Dany don't know they are related 'yet', only Bran knows and he's otw to Winterfell.

I wanted Arya to go south, kill Jamie, take his face, and kill Cersei, then it would fulfill the witch's prophecy for Cersei.  Now I think it's going to be Tyrion that kills her to fulfill it since Arya is headed north.

irvinehomeowner said:
Did Jon know LF betrayed Ned?

Marriage between Jon and Daenerys would be weird since they are like cousins (but I guess Jaime and Cersei beats that).

I know it's a fantasy show and all but...

Euron be building them ships faster than Elon can make cars.

In 2 eps, Khaleesi's dominant plan from the 1st ep is kaput.

She should use her charms on Euron, he's running through everyone... I'm sure he would rather marry her than Cersei.

It's feeling rough to me, like a high school essay written by someone that skimmed the cliff notes instead of reading the book.

There's 4 episodes left and looking ahead at the story lines that need wrapping up, I fear so much getting lost to just CGI effects of a big dragon battle.

Back