Irvine woman crashes new Tesla Model X

iacrenter

This lady confuses her brake pedal and gas pedal, crashes into a building at Northwood Town Center, and then her husband blames Tesla for the crash on the company's forum. Good thing Tesla has a black box that records everything and could defend themselves.
http://bgr.com/2016/06/06/tesla-model-x-parking-crash/
https://forums.teslamotors.com/foru...accelerates-and-crashes-its-own-while-parking

tesla-model-x-parking-crash-1.jpg

Ouch, getting ripped to shreds in the tesla forums, so before everyone clicked on the story, who assumed the driver was Asian?  Guilty as charged.

BGR article quotes Tesla saying their review of this vehicles black box shows 100% Driver Error as cause. It got me wondering if extended black box recordings will lower the.number of auto crash lawsuits. Let's hope so.

BTW, my brother bought a Model X and I had a chance to ride in it for a while. If you had low expectations about the vehicle, perhaps you should push the bar a bit further down. Given its price point and usefulness factor I'd sooner buy 3 Chrysler Town and Country Minivans than 1 Model X

My .02

ps9 said:
Ouch, getting ripped to shreds in the tesla forums, so before everyone clicked on the story, who assumed the driver was Asian?  Guilty as charged.

I was thinking Asian woman when I first saw the subject. 

Netflix.......Ali Wong..........

"Every time I get into a car accident.......I need to hide my face so that everybody doesn't see that it's what everybody thought it was going to be..."

What I'm most upset about with this story, is that this dumba$$ driver will very soon be behind the wheel of another vehicle. 

And when they do this again (and they will, it's a matter of when, not if), it could be in the middle of an intersection, or freeway, causing more damage and injury.

#shredthatlicenseafterthefirstoffense

It was sheer luck that she didn't drive straight through the nail salon. She could have easily injured or killed multiple people.

Tesla touts itself as being technologically cutting edge yet its latest car does not come with automatic emergency braking, a feature available on other cars for years.  Sad, really sad.

Soylent Green Is People said:
BGR article quotes Tesla saying their review of this vehicles black box shows 100% Driver Error as cause. It got me wondering if extended black box recordings will lower the.number of auto crash lawsuits. Let's hope so.

BTW, my brother bought a Model X and I had a chance to ride in it for a while. If you had low expectations about the vehicle, perhaps you should push the bar a bit further down. Given its price point and usefulness factor I'd sooner buy 3 Chrysler Town and Country Minivans than 1 Model X

My .02

I have a high performance sports car and I have Teslas including the Model X always trying to "race". Sure you get me on the initial acceleration but how about meeting me at the track quarter mile or in the canyons to see how the two cars compete  ::)
Tesla does not equal high performance sports car...I'm sorry. Wonder if they've every tried out a Tesla at Nurburgring lol

A multi-lane surface street with  50 MPH speed limit at night coming up to an intersection that looks like every other Irvine housing development entrance with a set of gates barring the path set 70ish feet back from the intersection after the street lights.

Basically at the speed limit the gates and everything else is one second past the main road intersection and all of it's street signals and lanes.

Sorry OCFA, when you get 7 or 8 vehicles crashing through your gates in 7 or 8 years, it's a design flaw.

Maybe you should have paid attention to the bad feng shui and not built your head quarters on the T-intersection.

nosuchreality said:
A multi-lane surface street with  50 MPH speed limit at night coming up to an intersection that looks like every other Irvine housing development entrance with a set of gates barring the path set 70ish feet back from the intersection after the street lights.

Basically at the speed limit the gates and everything else is one second past the main road intersection and all of it's street signals and lanes.

Sorry OCFA, when you get 7 or 8 vehicles crashing through your gates in 7 or 8 years, it's a design flaw.

Maybe you should have paid attention to the bad feng shui and not built your head quarters on the T-intersection.

Regardless of whether you believe in all the stuff about feng shui, there are logical reasons why its not good to be on the T intersection! Case in point...

misme said:
nosuchreality said:

Regardless of whether you believe in all the stuff about feng shui, there are logical reasons why its not good to be on the T intersection! Case in point...

It's not the driver's fault?

#accountability

eyephone said:
misme said:
nosuchreality said:

It's not the driver's fault?

#accountability

Never said that, what I said was it was a poorly designed intersection and entrance to the facility.

The accident rate speaks for itself.

I've driven Tustin Ranch to Jamboree, it's on a curve, 50 MPH and the road looks like it continues right on going including the middle lane marked with a straight ahead only arrow.

The fact that the driver appears to have hit a fence blocking a private drive also speaks for itself.

Paris said:
Soylent Green Is People said:

My .02

I have a high performance sports car and I have Teslas including the Model X always trying to "race". Sure you get me on the initial acceleration but how about meeting me at the track quarter mile or in the canyons to see how the two cars compete  ::)
Tesla does not equal high performance sports car...I'm sorry. Wonder if they've every tried out a Tesla at Nurburgring lol

This video reminded me of your comment ....

https://youtu.be/6n4_EMGdRZg

I think this is the first and the last time this driver try out the ludicrous mode.  :)

Back