Author Topic: UCI Summer Tech Camps - very cool  (Read 10864 times)

Offline SoCal

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1801
  • -Received: 1475
Re: UCI Summer Tech Camps - very cool
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »
1 year update:

The C++ code camp last summer proved to be very useful. I'm glad we did this. Although pricey, it was money well-spent. SoCal, Jr. ended up taking a STEM Academy class this year. He is whizzing through VEX projects using Robot C in minutes that are taking the rest of the class up to 2 days. A classmate of his was struggling. So, now he's passing on the skills to that boy by tutoring him in class. The teacher is very impressed.

Last year it was my suggestion to enroll since I felt there's never a bad reason to take C++ if you plan to go into Computer Science  which is his future intended major. He didn't really like the idea (he has my frugal nature). But how he is saying he's glad he did and might want to take Python this summer.

Highly recommended.

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
FLORIDATECH17 = $100 off id Tech summer code camp

I used this code and it worked. It says you have to pay upfront in order to use it. However, I believe you pay upfront regardless. Pretty sure I did last year without the code making that distinction.

More promo codes are also here.

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »
My #futureprogrammer got invited to a robotics competition next month. His STEM Academy teacher pulled me aside at Open House and said he is putting together a team from a small group of students to participate. He said SoCal, Jr. taught him some things about coding he didn't know so he thought he'd be a good fit. #NerdsShallInheritTheEarth

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »
Back for more. We're getting ready for another summer at iD Tech camp @ UCI. My oldest started with C++ one summer, Python the next. Both were awesome. He took it and ran with it, continuing to develop skills on his own. It is his passion. He is programming all the time, taught himself basic neural networks. Well worth the money. Today I've just enrolled both my kids for this summer. Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for my oldest. Level Design and Cinematics with Unreal Engine 4 for the youngest. I'm thinking of putting them both in either Java or Cybersecurity and Encryption next summer.

CELEBRATE19 = $80 off per student. The code was supposed to have expired yesterday but the system still allows it. It is the best coupon available right now if anyone wants to use it.

$50 off is automatically given if you enroll a sibling or register for more than 1 course.

www.idtech.com

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 06:39:00 PM »
The craziest thing happened. On a whim, I decided to post an iDTech refer-a-friend code on a coupon sharing site. I racked up $500 worth of credit. It would have been more but it maxes out at $500. Darn, I should have created a second account for my second kid to get a second code.  (The code is per account instead of per camper or per purchase, which doesn't seem fair but oh well.) This pays for half of next year's camp. I guess this means we'll have to go again next summer.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:49:26 PM by SoCal »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Cadence Park environment by Longhairdaddy
[Today at 02:29:15 AM]

Re: Martial arts recommendation for kids? by Logik
[Today at 12:26:07 AM]

Re: Winter is Coming... by iacrenter