Homeowners Insurance Recommendations

quizzer

Any of you have homeowners through residencemutual or Western mutual insurance group? Got a lower quote from them and want to know more about this company before calling them.

Yelp has bad reviews though.

SubSolar said:
All insurance companies have bad reviews online.

I use Geico, $300 a year, was half the price vs all competitors.

Thanks. I called Geico and they got the quote through Liberty Mutual. It was 10% cheaper than my current premium.
Western mutual quote was 25% cheaper.

Wow, I have pacific speciality now and Western Mutual is like 30% cheaper than my current premium.

Looks like im switching....

abosch00 said:
Wow, I have pacific speciality now and Western Mutual is like 30% cheaper than my current premium.

Looks like im switching....

I thought Perspective said gates are useless.  Premium drops if you live in a gated community.

My insurance agent got me really got rates on my rentals and my primary home (tell him Martin referred you)....

Travis von Bartheld
BenefitSource Insurance Services
28 Argonaut, Suite 100
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Travis@mybenefitsource.net
www.MyBenefitSource.net
Phone 949-215-5431 Ext: 110
Fax 949-215-5509
License #OE36358

quizzer said:
Any of you have homeowners through residencemutual or Western mutual insurance group? Got a lower quote from them and want to know more about this company before calling them.

Yelp has bad reviews though.

OG - just curious if you ended up going with Western Mutual?  I see that have a built in 20% off for only the first year which doesn't make it that great in the long run...

Geico came in 65% higher for Homeowners insurance and 50% lower for auto insurance.  Now I need to figure out how the multi-plan discounts work and if it makes sense to switch.

Western Mutual Insurance won't insure homeowners that are attorneys.  Makes me wonder what they're up to and how likely they'll pay a claim if it came down to it. 
I'd recommend Wawanesa Insurance if they'll insure you. 

Park said:
Western Mutual Insurance won't insure homeowners that are attorneys.  Makes me wonder what they're up to and how likely they'll pay a claim if it came down to it. 
I'd recommend Wawanesa Insurance if they'll insure you. 

Very interesting...I wonder if they'll insure CPA/realtors.  haha

For those in Orchard Hills, are your EQ premiums much higher than other parts of Irvine?
I was surprised at how much higher my quote was compared to prior neighborhoods I was in.

acpme said:
For those in Orchard Hills, are your EQ premiums much higher than other parts of Irvine?
I was surprised at how much higher my quote was compared to prior neighborhoods I was in.
Well, I live in the same zipcode as OH and yes they are...like absurdly higher.  I don't understand why either because most everything is relatively new and there weren't any major standard changes, so I don't know if it is less people have the coverage vs. the other new areas or if something older and more "riskier" is getting lumped in.  The way the whole EQ premiums work is relatively odd and it totally irks me. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
My insurance agent got me really got rates on my rentals and my primary home (tell him Martin referred you)....

Travis von Bartheld
BenefitSource Insurance Services
28 Argonaut, Suite 100
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Travis@mybenefitsource.net
www.MyBenefitSource.net
Phone 949-215-5431 Ext: 110
Fax 949-215-5509
License #OE36358

Travis seems like a great agent to work with.  He's not licensed in the state I'm looking to get a policy, but was extremely helpful in answering all my questions even though he could not get any business from me. 

I have State Farm's insurance and have been with the same agent since 1980's.

Had a rental property with $4,000 water damage and State Farm paid promptly after paperwork and inspection was completed.  However, in this case my insurance agent had to refer me to the Claim Adjuster, who was a pain in the butt to reach by phone, and the Inspector who was also a pain in the butt to reach.

Has anyone here used Western Mutual? It has the lowest quote for me so far, but the Yelp reviews are alarming.

HMart said:
SubSolar said:
All insurance companies have bad reviews online.

I use Geico, $300 a year, was half the price vs all competitors.

That seems....really low. Are you underinsured?

Update:

Didn't go with Western Mutual. Went with Liberty Mutual.

Back