Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

paperboyNC

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/park-716645-fivepoint-homes.html

Altair - Irvine

Grading is underway on a fifth housing development that technically no longer is part of FivePoint?s Great Park Neighborhoods, although it sits on former base land used for officer housing.

Homebuilders Lennar and Toll Brothers teamed up in October to buy the 278-acre, hilly parcel overlooking the Great Park, paying $472 million, according to FivePoint.

The joint venture plans to build 840 luxury houses in 10 communities, four by Toll Brothers and six by Lennar, said Jeremy Parness, president of Lennar?s Southern California Coastal Division.

Amenities will include parks, links to public trails and a community center with a pool, spa and barbecues.

Sales will begin in late 2017 or early 2018, Parness said. Prices have not yet been determined.

I'm wondering if Altair is same as Heritage Hills at District 7.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14235.msg285999.html#msg285999

Heritage Hills project is also by Lennar and Toll Brothers, the land is also around 272 acre and they are also planning to build 840 home there.  Seems like they are talking about the same project but just different name. 

BTW, the latest info on Heritage Hills is that it is going to be a gated community. 

lnc said:
I'm wondering if Altair is same as Heritage Hills at District 7.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14235.msg285999.html#msg285999

Heritage Hills project is also by Lennar and Toll Brothers, the land is also around 272 acre and they are also planning to build 840 home there.  Seems like they are talking about the same project but just different name. 

BTW, the latest info on Heritage Hills is that it is going to be a gated community.

reading this and looking at that thread you started on heritage hills, it sure does seem like they're talking about the same district 7.

i've been seeing more activity there now so i suppose thats what they're prepping for. wonder what type of pricing will be looking at. oh boy i just realized this irvine blvd corridor is going to get awfully busy. hopefully when they finish up the roads within the neighborhoods it'll give a bit more alternative routes.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Typically 1/2 of selling price is land cost. Homes will start at $1m

Actually, I'd expect these homes to start at significantly more than $1 million. Even an "average" 2500 square foot house in Irvine is starting at over $1 million. That's what I'd call a smallish house with a small back yard. These homes in Altair will have some of the least density in Irvine, at only 3 houses per acre. That doesn't mean that the lots will be 1/3 of an acre (since there's all the common area/parks to account for), but I expect these lots to be larger than average Irvine lots. I wouldn't be surprised if these will be premier homes starting at over $2 million.

NYT said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Typically 1/2 of selling price is land cost. Homes will start at $1m

Actually, I'd expect these homes to start at significantly more than $1 million. Even an "average" 2500 square foot house in Irvine is starting at over $1 million. That's what I'd call a smallish house with a small back yard. These homes in Altair will have some of the least density in Irvine, at only 3 houses per acre. That doesn't mean that the lots will be 1/3 of an acre (since there's all the common area/parks to account for), but I expect these lots to be larger than average Irvine lots. I wouldn't be surprised if these will be premier homes starting at over $2 million.

Doubtful. The location is not in a premier location. 

More info from TNONL's new home blog:
http://thenewhomeblog.wix.com/the-n...age-and-Images/c1sp5/57488e300cf25d206f8ba4ac

Altair will have two gates. The main one on the west side of the community will be staffed by a guard and have a visitor lane and a separate resident/emergency lane. The gate on the east side will be unstaffed, but still have a separate resident/emergency lane. Residents will have their own transponders for opening the gates.

There are ten communities consisting of 693 single-family residences and 147 detached condominiums, 2 of the 10 communities.

e9cc5e_cd05fd5e44854cc4bdd0e5ca0b3202e7~mv2.png

lnc said:
More info from TNONL's new home blog:
http://thenewhomeblog.wix.com/the-n...age-and-Images/c1sp5/57488e300cf25d206f8ba4ac

Altair will have two gates. The main one on the west side of the community will be staffed by a guard and have a visitor lane and a separate resident/emergency lane. The gate on the east side will be unstaffed, but still have a separate resident/emergency lane. Residents will have their own transponders for opening the gates.

There are ten communities consisting of 693 single-family residences and 147 detached condominiums, 2 of the 10 communities.

e9cc5e_cd05fd5e44854cc4bdd0e5ca0b3202e7~mv2.png

You know a community is exclusive when the site map contains a "Contamination Anomaly Site."

2 gates but only 1 has a guard.  What's the use?  Everyone who can't get in the guarded gate will just wait to tailgate their way in at the non-guarded gate.

aquabliss said:
2 gates but only 1 has a guard.  What's the use?  Everyone who can't get in the guarded gate will just wait to tailgate their way in at the non-guarded gate.

There are ways to prevent people from tailgating into a gated community. Swinging arms could be installed to allow only one car per arm-raise.

aquabliss said:

I agree.. what's the point? 

Swinging arm gates won't prevent it  either.. people still will trail

These homes are going to have very nice views and low density.  I agree with NYT, I believe that these will be priced higher for the premium location (very close to new HS) and elevation. 

Didn't someone have the preliminary MR sheets for all these districts, and these ones are higher than BP?

NYT said:
aquabliss said:

There are ways to prevent people from tailgating into a gated community. Swinging arms could be installed to allow only one car per arm-raise.

This isn't anything new. Several high-end communities already employ this method. Some that come to mind include Turtle Rock Summit, Lambert Ranch, Harbor Ridge in Newport Beach, and Pacific Ridge in Newport Coast (Fiano). The only thing that I find slightly odd in Altair's scenario is that the secondary non-guard-gated entrance is also off Irvine Blvd; the un-manned gates usually tend to be off a smaller, lower-traffic street. Because both entrances are on Irvine Blvd, both entrances really should be manned, even if one of the gates remain manned for a select number of hours while the other remains manned for 24 hours (a method employed at Turtle Ridge).

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

I agree.. what's the point? 

Swinging arm gates won't prevent it  either.. people still will trail

Swinging arms will prevent it, unless you want to damage your car or break the arms. If they're smart, they'll have video set up to fine the perpetrators. Yes, someone wants to get in, they'll get in no matter what the security is.

Back