Author Topic: Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC  (Read 105954 times)

Offline IrvineHouseHunter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
I wouldn't be surprised if the sfr's started at least at low 1 million for the smaller homes (2000 sf+) and up from there. My guess is starting at mid to high 1 mill for the 3000 sf and 2 - 3 million for the 4000 sf. 

If I were the developer, I would wait until some of the great park was done and the new high school had some years under its belt.  They should be getting a premium for proximity to the Great Park and top Irvine HS.

Offline WTTCHMN

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 296
I wouldn't be surprised if the sfr's started at least at low 1 million for the smaller homes (2000 sf+) and up from there. My guess is starting at mid to high 1 mill for the 3000 sf and 2 - 3 million for the 4000 sf. 

If I were the developer, I would wait until some of the great park was done and the new high school had some years under its belt.  They should be getting a premium for proximity to the Great Park and top Irvine HS.

Wow, Portola has already been anointed as the top Irvine HS??

Offline Bullsback

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 108
Is Altair going to be zoned to Irvine schools or will it be part of the new schools in saddleback district that will be built on the GP. 

• Thanks

Wow, Portola has already been anointed as the top Irvine HS??

Just lookin' at the long game.  ;)

• Thanks
Is Altair going to be zoned to Irvine schools or will it be part of the new schools in saddleback district that will be built on the GP.

Looks like it will be zoned to the new Irvine HS per IUSD boundary map: 
https://iusd.org/schools/maps/HighSchoolAttendanceAreaMap.html.

Offline dethman

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 22
looks like some big toll brothers homes in altair, 3600-6000 sq ft according to a certain blog.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2125
  • -Received: 3557
  • 3CWG
This land is no land... this land is no land... no land was made for you and meeeeee.

(everyone sing it!)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline someguy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 75
  • -Received: 55
  • I'm poor af
\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:50:04 PM by someguy »

Offline dethman

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 22
Here you go TI, from a friend.

is that altair or OH?

Offline someguy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 75
  • -Received: 55
  • I'm poor af
Oops....  wrong thread :-/

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2095
  • -Received: 1663
Wow, a lot of very large homes here.  Also a good amount of descent lots if you look around the perimeter of the community.  I think this neighborhood will be very nice, but it will have to be since the only leg up it will have on Baker Ranch is the school district.

Proximity wise I think this might be closer to the jail than Baker Ranch (or a very close second).  Most likely to get to the 5 you'll be going down Alton instead of Sand Canyon.

I would bet the developers are considering going no Mello Roos here but time will tell.

No Mello Roos was a great marketing tactic for TNHC and if I were Toll/Lennar I would do the same thing.  They'd be able to sell the homes for a higher price than the cost of the paying off the bonds.  We'll see what happens...
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Roger

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 232
  • -Received: 39
Wow, a lot of very large homes here.  Also a good amount of descent lots if you look around the perimeter of the community.  I think this neighborhood will be very nice, but it will have to be since the only leg up it will have on Baker Ranch is the school district.

Proximity wise I think this might be closer to the jail than Baker Ranch (or a very close second).  Most likely to get to the 5 you'll be going down Alton instead of Sand Canyon.

I would bet the developers are considering going no Mello Roos here but time will tell.

No Mello Roos was a great marketing tactic for TNHC and if I were Toll/Lennar I would do the same thing.  They'd be able to sell the homes for a higher price than the cost of the paying off the bonds.  We'll see what happens...
Didn't Toll already do that with Baker Ranch  ;)

Offline Maserson

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 31
  • -Received: 20
Did Lennar just update their site to include their Altair developments? 

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/california/orange-county/irvine

Aurora
Celestial
Eclipse
Lumiere
Solstice
Starlight

Any clue about the MR's (or no MR?). Debating between this and Beacon.

Offline ocbird

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 11
can't wait to see the floor plans

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 167
  • -Received: 680
Those are some big homes.  I wonder if this will be guard gated or keypad entry gated. 

They should do no MR with higher prices, tend to sell better this way.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: How to text an error message by someguy
[Today at 04:17:49 PM]

Re: How to text an error message by zubs
[Today at 04:12:02 PM]

How to text an error message by SoCal
[Today at 03:52:09 PM]