Dating

socal78

At what age are you going to let your kids date?

I'm not even ready to start thinking about this, however, we have a problem. The girls are throwing themselves at my older son. This has been going on for some time but has gotten increasingly worse throughout the school year. We already knew three girls have a crush on him since September. They Snapchat videos of him & shots of themselves with him to their friends to brag about being in a pic with him. They fight each other to sit next to him. This one girl, Sydney, tells him, "You look like a movie star." Another one asked him, "Do you want to be Vivianna's ex?" (He doesn't even know Vivianna.) I think it embarrasses him. But just an hour ago, a fourth girl, asked him out on a date! He barely knows her! She sits diagonal from him in one class. He texted me right away... "Mom, I didn't know what to say." Hells bells! I don't blame him. I would have been caught off guard, too. Girls have gotten so aggressive -- I think it's abnormal & gross and unfortunately it's probably a generational thing. I think maybe group dates in a crowded public place are ok in high school. He's not even in high school, though. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

SoCal said:
Girls have gotten so aggressive -- I think it's abnormal & gross and unfortunately it's probably a generational thing.

That's sexist.  What happened to empowering women?  Instead, you call it abnormal & gross.  But when it comes to boys, it's somehow normal and society even condones this type of conduct as to be expected.

How old is your son SoCal?

I've got a simple plan.

At 13, he can date any student with two consecutive years of unweighted 3.85 GPA with parental approval of both sets of parents.
at 15, I'll relax the requirements to a unweighted 3.7 if the student has majority of their classes in GATE or STEM.
at 16, above criteria with additional relaxation to 3.5 GPA with appropriate load of AP/College credit classes or nationally ranked athlete in top ten.

I'm curious if Qwerty had encounter similar issues as SoCal's son when he's young.  From what I've seen, those Latina are way more aggressive than American girls.

lnc said:
I'm curious if Qwerty had encounter similar issues as SoCal's son when he's young.  From what I've seen, those Latina are way more aggressive than American girls.
Latina girls are aggressive.  Just ask John Bobbitt or Travis Alexander.

Back