A Little Dynasty vs Le Port Mandarin Immersion

Curious if anyone has comments between the two programs?

I know Le Port just recently opened their campus in West Park so it's brand new and ALD (a little dynasty) has been around a bit longer.

Doing tours around various montessori schools (le port, great foundation, spectrum, northwood) I did get the sense that le port is top shelf of course with the pricing to match :(.

Love to hear people's experiences with the programs.

Thanks!

Wait list for LePort is about 1 year. Teacher:Student ratio 1:6 which is higher than other preschools.

PenguinOrange said:
Curious if anyone has comments between the two programs?

I know Le Port just recently opened their campus in West Park so it's brand new and ALD (a little dynasty) has been around a bit longer.

Doing tours around various montessori schools (le port, great foundation, spectrum, northwood) I did get the sense that le port is top shelf of course with the pricing to match :(.

Love to hear people's experiences with the programs.

Thanks!

Definitely ALD over LePort Mandarin.  No question.  Class sizes in Mandarin LePort campus are swelling, some well over 24 kids in class, very little attention will be given to your kid (despite the astronomical tuition).  Plus remember, LePort Mandarin abides by strictly Montessori methods-kids working in complete silence on various projects (work) and then move to another one and another one.  Talking to other kids is discouraged (during this "work" time) as it is considered "interrupting" another child.  Socialization is minimal (there is some "circle time" but not really a lot). Mandarin language retention is going to be much, much less effective, as compared to ALD, where your child is constantly engaged socially throughout the day, developing and reinforcing Mandarin. And I am assuming that learning Mandarin is your primary goal for your kids.  Now to ALD.  Smaller child-teacher ratio, very engaging curriculum, game-based instruction, awesome campus with cafeteria, gym, library, climbing equipment, spacious kids "kitchen" and very fun teachers.  Much cheaper than LePort. Plus their summer camp is outstanding.  Check out their Facebook page and see for yourself:https://www.facebook.com/alittledynastychineseschool/

Thanks all for the comments. ALD seems pretty fun. Did a trial of their Parent and Me Little D and they seem to do a good job of trying to keep all the kids interested while teaching them.

Right now, however, I'm looking for a full day program since my kid is still 2 and we both work. So it looks that LePort Mandarin is the only fit right now. I do like the ALD after school and summer camp so will keep those in mind in the future. But for after school seems there's also a bunch of other choices like Karis and Irvine Chinese School. Again got several years to worry about that :).

So looks like only one choice :(. Are there other full day daycare (9-6) which offer Mandarin immersion?

Thanks!

Back