Disneyland

Maybe everyone is scrambling to do their taxes, even though it's not due today...

AW said:
Maybe everyone is scrambling to do their taxes, even though it's not due today...

I think yesterday was less people because it was a blackout day for the Southern California select annual pass.

I bought the two day so cal resident flex ticket.

We gave a choice: Lego land, universal studios, or Disneyland. Our little one chose Disneyland.

A family fight that turned violent in Mickey?s Toontown at Disneyland over the weekend is being investigated by Anaheim police on Monday after video of the brawl was posted to social media.

The Anaheim Police Department said everyone involved in the fight belonged to the same family and that they were uncooperative when officers responded to the scene.
https://ktla.com/2019/07/08/caught-on-video-fight-breaks-out-at-disneyland-as-children-watch/

Warning: The video may contain violence, bad words, and other stuff. What are your thoughts?

One couple was adamant that they all go through the "It's a Small World" ride again, and the other couple defended themselves accordingly.  Once again the happiest place on earth.

i absolutely dread setting foot in that place and have to be dragged into it by family members.

if i had to set foot in any socal theme park, rather spend time in universal studios on a weekday --- better value from my perspective

fortune11 said:
i absolutely dread setting foot in that place and have to be dragged into it by family members.

if i had to set foot in any socal theme park, rather spend time in universal studios on a weekday --- better value from my perspective

I went to Universal Studios and Disneyland this year. I have to say I had a good time at Universal. (exceeded my expectations) I recommend to go there in the morning and bring your own water and snacks. ;) (many people also do it) The Transformer ride is surreal. I was quite impressed with the different shows. If you like TV/Entertainment Universal is a must.

fortune11 said:

The Studio Tour is much more interesting on weekdays when film makers are actually working there. Lunch time on weekdays is best because you can see the production people come out of the sound stages to the catering tables.

In terms of value, 7 attractions for $124 is not a good value. Disney is a better value than Universal.

Fights between family members are rarely prosecuted because family members rarely press charges.

eyephone said:
fortune11 said:

I went to Universal Studios and Disneyland this year. I have to say I had a good time at Universal. (exceeded my expectations) I recommend to go there in the morning and bring your own water and snacks. ;) (many people also do it) The Transformer ride is surreal. I was quite impressed with the different shows. If you like TV/Entertainment Universal is a must.

yeah, most adults have a better experience in Universal as opposed to the gobs of sugar sweetness they load on your plate in Disney !

if you are 5  year old who loves disney princesses or mickey etc, yeah great.  otherwise not so much.  disney rides are so stale and outdated .  maybe it is better in orlando.  but for my $ , a complete rip-off in anaheim. 

Update:

Three members of a family who were caught on video in a chaotic brawl at California's Disneyland earlier this month are facing criminal charges, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Avery Robinson is accused of attacking his sister, brother-in-law, and girlfriend during the fight, and later threatening to kill the couple by making a gun sign with his hand and pointing it at them. He is also accused of trying to hit a Disneyland employee with his car as he left the park, according to the Orange County District Attorney?s Office.

"During the fight inside the park Avery Robinson made several comments, including 'I?m ready to go to jail tonight' and referenced a Southern California gang," the statement from the office added.

Avery Robinson, from Las Vegas, is charged with five felony counts and nine misdemeanors, and faces up to seven years and four months in state prison if convicted. He was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.

?The Orange County District Attorney?s Office does not tolerate domestic violence or child endangerment anywhere,? Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement Tuesday.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nd-brawl-video-face-criminal-charges-n1033031

Back