Mayor Choi getting into it with nearby residents on Nextdoor...

aquabliss

Saw this post on Nextdoor followed by some interesting replies.  This is getting good, I better get out the popcorn.  I'm just waiting for Mayor Choi to tell this guy he lives in "El Camino Real", which is the armpit of Irvine so his opinion doesn't matter much.

It's hard to paste exactly from the nextdoor site but will do my best.  Note that the residents names have been removed to protect the innocent.

---------------------------------------------

Neighbors for Steven Choi 1d ago
Steven Choi from Woodbury Village
I'm Mayor Choi and am running for State Assembly in the 68th AD.
Now forming Neighborhood Volunteer Group to do campaign canvassing in your community.
Please email me at: drstevenchoi@gmail.com, or
Look forward to hearing from you in my neighborhood.
Regards,
Steven

-REPLY-
(Some Lady) from The Groves Irvine 1d ago
So what about the Great Park? Full disclosure please on the "missing money"

-REPLY-
Steven Choi from Woodbury Village 1d ago
Irvine City Council investigated the Great Park expenditures thru a forensic audit and accounted for all expenditures.
While there were some questionable areas, the final report of the audit did not warrant any follow up recovery efforts due to the uncertainty of the outcome and any possible additional costing of the City funds.
Now, the State is conducting the "audit of the City" for the political reasons - initiated by a Democrat Assembly woman from San Diego.
The Audit of the Audit is anticipated to conclude by end of August.
Stay tuned.
Sc

-REPLY-
(Some Guy) from El Camino Real 8h ago
So many of us are disgusted by the Irvine City council's behavior and what they've done to our once great city--over building, horrible traffic, being swayed by special interest groups, wasting SO MUCH money, etc, etc. why would we vote for you? I'm afraid these type of political decisions would spread throughout our district. No thanks.

-REPLY-
Steven Choi from Woodbury Village 7h ago
Sorry you feel that way. It's only fair if you distinguish individual efforts and accomplishments rather than unfounded impression. I'm proud that our City is the safest City and one of the best cities to live in.
Do you want to try a different one?

-REPLY-
(Same Guy) from El Camino Real 4h ago
My impressions have developed over the 26 years I've lived in Irvine so they're hardly unfounded.
Bottom line: the means do NOT justify the ends regardless of which list we proudly declare we're on.

Back