Massage Therapy

How often do you visit a massage therapist?

• I have never been and see no need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have never been but would like to.

• I go once in a blue moon

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A few times per year

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • It's a regular part of my routine

• Total voters

socal78

Living in a health-focused area like Orange County, I am curious how many of you make massage therapy a part of your life or routine? Whether it be at a chiropractor's office, a gym/spa, or on retreat, etc. Some people only go for pain and stress relief after the damage is already done, some for prevention, and some for pampering. Some go for infant-care classes and prenatal care or schedule their aging parents for geriatric care. With the state of the economy, I wonder what impact it has had on the field. Since massage therapy incorporates some forms of eastern medicine such as acupressure and there seems to be a sizable Asian crowd in Irvine and on the site here, I have to ask if it is a popular treatment for you Irvinites or do you feel it is something you do not like to make time and room in the budget for? If you go, how often, and what for?

Long story, short: I have been entertaining the idea of getting into the field of massage therapy. This means making the time commitment of going into a program to become certified. I have been calling around to some local business around Irvine to get feedback but of course I always get the feeling they make it sound more optimistic than it is since they would of course want to cast themselves in a positive light. Sometimes it's better to ask the customer / patients than the operators.

Any input is welcome.

Definitely is a competitive industry to make a living.  Take me for example,  I used to pay over $100 each time I went to Burke Wiliiams.  Then I went to Korean spas for like $70.  Now I go to Chinese foot and massage places for $15 and come out very satisfied.

Noma,
where are the chinese places taht charge 15? I don;t know any single in Irvine charging less than 40. Please share. 

None are in Irvine.  You must drive to at least Westminster.  They are up and down Brookhurst and Bolsa.

Back