OC Register - 2011 OC's best middle schools

For the second time in three years, Pioneer Middle School in Tustin ranks as #1 middle school in OC.  This school is a truly wonderful place for students to attend.  I highly recommend this school compared to other Irvine schools, as I have seen first hand the differences between this school compared to IUSD middle schools. 
http://www.ocregister.com/news/school-286063-pioneer-students.html

Congratulations to Pioneer Middle School on it's second recognition as OC's Best Middle School!

When schools are in the top 10 or 20 or Gold Silver Bronze... is there really all that much of a difference?

I'm sure there is in details but having your kids go to any IUSD or certain TUSD schools is good enough right?

ajw522 said:
For the second time in three years, Pioneer Middle School in Tustin ranks as #1 middle school in OC.  This school is a truly wonderful place for students to attend.  I highly recommend this school compared to other Irvine schools, as I have seen first hand the differences between this school compared to IUSD middle schools. 
http://www.ocregister.com/news/school-286063-pioneer-students.html

Congratulations to Pioneer Middle School on it's second recognition as OC's Best Middle School!

+1 Congrats to Pioneer!

I wonder how TUSD Orchard Hills will fare in the future? I believe Pioneer's geographic catchment area is now partly split off by OH.

Yeah, their student enrollement went down about 200 this year because of less incoming 6th graders.  I'm sure Orchard Hills will do great too!  But the success at Pioneer is incomparable.

ajw522 said:
Just comes to show you that IUSD isn't as good as TIC says it is.
What do you mean? ALL 5 of IUSD's middle schools made the top 10... did any other OC school district do better than that?

irvinehomeowner said:
ajw522 said:
Just comes to show you that IUSD isn't as good as TIC says it is.
What do you mean? ALL 5 of IUSD's middle schools made the top 10... did any other OC school district do better than that?

Exactly, when ALL of IUSD's schools do well, that does speak volume.  Most other district are a mixed bag.

I have been saying that the quality of Irvine schools are exaggerated.  This article is making me think maybe it's not so exaggerated after all.

Back