Author Topic: Tesla Model 3  (Read 95217 times)

Offline Cares

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 47
Re: Tesla Model 3
« Reply #495 on: July 03, 2019, 08:58:10 AM »
I keep seeing more Model 3s in Irvine... at least 4 people I know own a Tesla... are we still worried about the viability of Elon Musk?

I feel like there's a higher chance of seeing 2-3 Teslas at an Irvine intersection than 0 Teslas...

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 104
  • -Received: 87
« Reply #496 on: July 03, 2019, 10:32:25 AM »
Tesla is like an iPhone.  Somehow, I don't mine seeing so many Teslas and same car as mine on the road.  If it was other types of car, I will be like so boring and won't pick up the same car next time...., but not Tesla as I will probably buy it again.  It's weird.

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 331
  • -Received: 579
« Reply #497 on: July 03, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »
I keep seeing more Model 3s in Irvine... at least 4 people I know own a Tesla... are we still worried about the viability of Elon Musk?

they have started offering them on lease now -- which opens up a whole new buyer base

i know i am not directly answering your question, just providing a reason for why sales may be up in general

Other manufacturers are or will be selling electric cars. I think you know what I’m going to say next regarding Tesla stock. Also, a person has to consider solar city which is part of Tesla. Are they making money?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:46:05 AM by eyephone »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2095
  • -Received: 3546
  • 3CWG
« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2019, 01:56:22 PM »
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

Status symbol car... and much cooler than a Prius.

Someone I know drove a BMW... let's just say he's a bit full of himself (which is fine, self confidence helps you get places in life)... so it was no surprise that he got an S... and for the first few days, parked it outside instead of in the garage. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Cares

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 47
« Reply #499 on: July 05, 2019, 08:04:54 AM »
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

Someone I know drove a BMW... let's just say he's a bit full of himself (which is fine, self confidence helps you get places in life)... so it was no surprise that he got an S... and for the first few days, parked it outside instead of in the garage. :)

I wouldn't say so much a status symbol when compared to a Prius. It is arguably better in every aspect except cost. And even if you factor in what you get for you dollar then Teslas surpass a Prius.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2095
  • -Received: 3546
  • 3CWG
« Reply #500 on: July 05, 2019, 08:10:43 AM »
I think the low-end Model 3 surpasses the Prius Prime (closest comparison since there is no all-electric Prius) even with cost.

For a lease of $399/mo, I would consider the 3 for my kids when they can drive but they already feel entitled. It would be more humbling for them to drive a Leaf, Bolt or Kia Niro. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #501 on: July 05, 2019, 08:17:51 AM »
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

I wouldn't say so much a status symbol when compared to a Prius. It is arguably better in every aspect except cost. And even if you factor in what you get for you dollar then Teslas surpass a Prius.

Are you factoring that a person can negotiate a lower price/shop around for the best price for a Prius? (or other car) But I don’t think you can do that with a Tesla.

Also, a person has to factor in the maintenance and service like has to be done by Tesla. (hypothetically you can do it yourself. I have seen YouTube videos but it looks like they know what they are doing and been working on several cars.) In addition, a person may consider the timing of the Tesla parts for replacement if you get into an accident.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:49:32 AM by eyephone »

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #502 on: July 05, 2019, 12:22:30 PM »
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

Are you factoring that a person can negotiate a lower price/shop around for the best price for a Prius? (or other car) But I don’t think you can do that with a Tesla.

Also, a person has to factor in the maintenance and service like has to be done by Tesla. (hypothetically you can do it yourself. I have seen YouTube videos but it looks like they know what they are doing and been working on several cars.) In addition, a person may consider the timing of the Tesla parts for replacement if you get into an accident.

There is no maintenance for Teslas...just brakes and tires.   You can't compare Prius with Teslas...one is a hybrid...there other is full-electric. 

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #503 on: July 05, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

There is no maintenance for Teslas...just brakes and tires.   You can't compare Prius with Teslas...one is a hybrid...there other is full-electric.

There are Tesla service centers. (Real news)
Just don’t compare to Prius. Because the other car manufacturers are going electric.

It doesn’t matter if your first to makert. All I got to say look at Yahoo.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Received: 1548
« Reply #504 on: July 05, 2019, 03:01:05 PM »
Tesla’s aren’t status symbols.

Real ballers drop at least 10k on watch and 1k on shoes. I saw an Asian girl at the vet, she had a $3k LV pet carrier and was sporting $1500 sneakers (looked them up online after l left). True baller right there. 

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2079
  • -Received: 1651
« Reply #505 on: July 05, 2019, 08:04:04 PM »

Real ballers drop at least 10k on watch and 1k on shoes. I saw an Asian girl at the vet, she had a $3k LV pet carrier and was sporting $1500 sneakers (looked them up online after l left). True baller right there. 

Funk that, I love my >$100 pumas and vanz.  :D
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #506 on: July 05, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »

Funk that, I love my >$100 pumas and vanz.  :D

The Harry Potter special edition vans?  ;)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts