Author Topic: Tesla Model 3  (Read 70747 times)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Lender, Abiding Dude.
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 481
  • -Received: 814
  • Make Room! Make Room!
Re: Tesla Model 3
« Reply #330 on: March 30, 2018, 05:47:08 AM »
Tesla is a cult. Same for Land Rover. I know because even after $$$$$$ at the repair shop and years of deprogramming, there's still a soft spot in my head for my long gone LR Discovery. A family member of mine is a devotee of Elon. "A bolt here, a water leak there.... who cares! Its a Tesla. I'm helping the environment" goes the thinking. (PS - I'm reminded of the old, but similar, saw "The only pollutants the Prius sends into the atmosphere is smug")

Shareholders are making more noise about the company than owners (for now), and rightly so. The company is either going to fold, or get drawn under the wing of a bigger automaker soon. Musk isn't a manager, he's the guy from "The Music Man" trying to divert attention away from all the trouble in River City.

My 02c
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:42:43 AM by Soylent Green Is People »

Offline Kings

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 102
  • -Received: 127
« Reply #331 on: March 30, 2018, 07:06:05 AM »
Tesla is a cult. Same for Land Rover. I know because even after $$$$$$ at the repair shop and years of deprogramming, there's still a soft spot in my head for my long gone LR Discovery. A family member of mine is a devotee of Elon. "A bolt here, a water leak there.... who cares! Its a Tesla" goes the thinking.

Shareholders are making more noise about the company than owners (for now), and rightly so. The company is either going to fold, or get drawn under the wing of a bigger automaker soon. Musk isn't a manager, he's the guy from "The Music Man" trying to divert our attention away from all the trouble in River City.

My 02c

It is most certainly a cult.  They're doing great things for the environment and leading the way, but emotion is outpacing logic and rationale for many of their supporters.  Tesla is going to have a come to Jesus moment if they continue to deliver $50k Model 3s with less than stellar build quality.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 200
  • -Received: 204
« Reply #332 on: March 30, 2018, 09:27:50 AM »
Tesla’s ‘day of reckoning’ is near as its plunging stock increases financing risk

Morgan Stanley on Wednesday warned Tesla shareholders the stock's fall could be a "self-fulfilling" prophecy for further declines.
Tesla "faces liquidity pressures due to its large negative free cash flow and the pending maturities of convertible bonds," a Moody's release said Tuesday.
Some investors are betting against Tesla, citing its financial issues and cash burn woes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/30/teslas-day-of-reckoning-is-near-as-its-plunging-stock-increases-risk.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #333 on: April 02, 2018, 05:41:05 PM »
Can Elon Musk avoid the fate of John DeLorean? Tesla CEO may need to 'rethink' strategy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/04/02/tesla-elon-musk-electric-cars/472347002/

Not the analogy I think he was going for.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #334 on: April 02, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
To be fair...

There's a new biggest Tesla bull on Wall Street: Analyst predicts 40% surge to $500 in just 12 months

Nomura Instinet initiated coverage on Tesla shares with a buy rating and set a 12-month price target of $500, representing 44 percent upside to Tuesday's close. It now has the highest Tesla price forecast out of the 19 research shops that cover the company, according to FactSet.
"We believe that Tesla, much like Intel in the 1990s, is well positioned to accrue most of the profits in the electric vehicle value chain," the firm's analyst says.
Tesla shares rose 1 percent in Wednesday's premarket trading after the report.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/04/nomura-instinet-is-biggest-tesla-bull-on-street-with-500-forecast.html

It looks like this buy upgrade was pretty much the nail in the coffin. Hit the peak price almost perfectly, why I hate analyst recs

Offline Kings

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 102
  • -Received: 127
« Reply #335 on: April 03, 2018, 07:07:53 AM »
Tesla in the next 18 months

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2018, 11:11:20 AM »
Tesla is a cult. Same for Land Rover. I know because even after $$$$$$ at the repair shop and years of deprogramming, there's still a soft spot in my head for my long gone LR Discovery. A family member of mine is a devotee of Elon. "A bolt here, a water leak there.... who cares! Its a Tesla. I'm helping the environment" goes the thinking. (PS - I'm reminded of the old, but similar, saw "The only pollutants the Prius sends into the atmosphere is smug")

Shareholders are making more noise about the company than owners (for now), and rightly so. The company is either going to fold, or get drawn under the wing of a bigger automaker soon. Musk isn't a manager, he's the guy from "The Music Man" trying to divert attention away from all the trouble in River City.

My 02c

There's trouble right here in Palo Alto...it start with a T and an E and an S, L, A and that spells TESLA

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 417
  • -Received: 277
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »
tic, tic, tic, tic, tic...

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2018, 11:11:06 PM »
Uh-oh.

Tesla pauses Model 3 production for several days

Tesla is pausing Model 3 production at its Fremont, California factory to " to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks."
Buzzfeed reports that the shut-down will last four to five days.
The news comes on the heels of CEO Elon Musk tweeting that "excessive automation" at Tesla was a mistake.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/tesla-pauses-model-3-production.html

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 131
  • -Received: 158
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2018, 01:30:39 AM »
Tesla needs to be very concerned about the invisible psychological tipping point that could rocket it toward bankruptcy.  There's currently a normal, somewhat linear ebb and flow of revenue and valuation, driven by headlines, analysis, production, sales, etc.  But if potential buyers begin to perceive a risk to the long-term viability of the car's manufacturer, they will certainly think twice before buying one.  Panic would snowball and sales could plummet.  There weren't any crowds of fanboys lining up to buy Pontiacs when the brand was being eliminated.  It's plausible this could start to take effect at a relatively high stock price; it could take less time for the stock to go from 200 to 0 than it'll take to go to 200.

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 513
  • -Received: 977
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2018, 07:02:37 AM »
And unlike Pontiac when they were closed, Pontiac cars can still be serviced at other GM dealers, no such alternative for Tesla.

It’s likely that Tesla will file for bankruptcy but it probably won’t go away.  Perhaps it will go down similar to Fisker, file for bankruptcy and then sold to some Chinese company.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2018, 08:55:19 AM »
If it does collapse who will follow him into the light?  Cults are funny that way.  As i said in the beginning of this thread, "If you give me a few billion in government money I bet I could come up with some pretty fun ideas too." In the end you have to have a sustainable business plan that can stand on its own without the government funded crutch.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #342 on: April 27, 2018, 10:57:50 PM »
And the walls came down!

Elon Musk faces CRUNCH Tesla vote as stockholders consider SHOCK REMOVAL

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/952292/elon-musk-tesla-chairman-shareholder-vote

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 131
  • -Received: 158
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2018, 08:00:09 PM »
More than enough!  Drinks are on Elon!!!

Offline Burn That Belly

• Thanks
  • -Given: 72
  • -Received: 199
  • Crank that ROI to the max
« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
More than enough!  Drinks are on Elon!!!

Dude, I loosely somewhat remember this movie from a LONNGGG time ago but I can't remember exactly where and when.  Especially the scene where he pops the hood and a guy is in there. Haha
Member of the 'A' Team. Team Appreciation.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Midterm Elections by fortune11
[Today at 06:20:30 PM]

Re: Great Park District 1 West by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 06:15:19 PM]

Re: Listing homes with Redfin by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 06:12:43 PM]